Bergen round trip review on Finnmarken, January 2018

aronde

Hi all. Our Finnmarken review has finally appeared here.

Happy to answer any questions you may have as my time permits now that I am back on the real world of work and other commitments! :)

Many thanks.

Your review is very informative. We'll be heading to Norway for our Hurtigruten cruise next week!

GC

Hi all. Our Finnmarken review has finally appeared here.

Happy to answer any questions you may have as my time permits now that I am back on the real world of work and other commitments! :)

Thanks so much for this review!

I'm planning a trip with my mom in December so this was helpful. I still can't decide if we should do the northbound, the southbound, (either one with two nights in Kirkenes to see the Snow Hotel) or the full12 days! (Of course cost may be a factor in the end.)

My mom has done Hurtigruten in Antarctica a few years ago, and several other small-ship cruises. But I've only done one cruise back in 1997 - the Big Red Boat (Premiere Cruise Line out of Port Canaveral) - and frankly it soured me on cruises. I'm in my mid-40s now, so obviously my interests are different.

One concern I have is getting cabin fever on the 12 day cruise in December. Did you experience this at all?

If you had to choose either the northbound or the southbound, which would you choose?

Thanks so much for this review!

One concern I have is getting cabin fever on the 12 day cruise in December. Did you experience this at all?

If you had to choose either the northbound or the southbound, which would you choose?

Thanks for the kind replies everyone!

As for the queries above no cabin fever for us in our balcony suite! :D Realistically though if we were in a 'normal' sized cabin we would have spent most of our time in the various lounges watching the world go by. On Finnmarken we never had any problem getting a seat anywhere on the ship when we felt like it.

We would probably choose Southbound but only because we enjoyed more excursions on that leg. I'd suggest anyone looking to decide North versus South look at the duration and timing of stops and the excursions on each leg and decide what suits their interests best.