Pearl Bed for 3rd Person

Cruiser933

Does anyone have an opinion on which is more comfortable for a 3rd adult - a pulldown bed in a porthole cabin, the sofa bed in a midship balcony, or the sofa bed in a midship mini suite? I realize comfort is subjective and I know the cabin sizes differ quite a bit. The 3rd person is a petite adult female. Thanks!

Does anyone have an opinion on which is more comfortable for a 3rd adult - a pulldown bed in a porthole cabin, the sofa bed in a midship balcony, or the sofa bed in a midship mini suite? I realize comfort is subjective and I know the cabin sizes differ quite a bit. The 3rd person is a petite adult female. Thanks!

What ship? On the larger ships, balcony cabins and mini suite cabins are the same size.

Pearl is a Jewel class ship ... as are Jewel, Jade and Gem.

Mini-suite might be the way to go as the sofa is of a long kind and it slide out to make a double bed. And there is a curtain dividing the sofa area and the main bed area.

The sofa in balcony cabins folds out into single bed and is not comfortable. If you get a balcony cabin for 4 people it will have a Pullman drop down from ceiling to make up as the 4th bed - this is preferable to the fold out sofa bed.

The Oceanview cabins have drop down Pullman beds from the wall.

Pearl is a Jewel class ship ... as are Jewel, Jade and Gem.

Mini-suite might be the way to go as the sofa is of a long kind and it slide out to make a double bed. And there is a curtain dividing the sofa area and the main bed area.

The sofa in balcony cabins folds out into single bed and is not comfortable. If you get a balcony cabin for 4 people it will have a Pullman drop down from ceiling to make up as the 4th bed - this is preferable to the fold out sofa bed.

The Oceanview cabins have drop down Pullman beds from the wall.

Oops missed the name of the ship in the OP.

On the Jewel class ships the mini-suites have a curtain which separates the beds from the sofa/third birth. It is open in this picture but it can be pulled all the way across the cabin. This provides a nice element of privacy which we like. As far as comfort goes I slept in a pull down once and it was fine. The converted sofa seems to be fine also.

norwegian-pearl-cabins_x369_41.jpg

I spent a week on that sofabed on Pearl in a mini-suite last summer. I'm a tall skinny (i.e. boney) male and I slept like a baby with the slider cracked a few inches. We had to ask the steward to make up that bed when we first boarded but after that it was automatic, he actually added a foam liner on top to add a little more comfort without being asked, the sofabed is pretty firm.

I looked upon it a 'camping at sea' it was just fine. The dividing curtain works very well to create an air of privacy.

:cool: