Gratuity breakdown by position

Gratuities = $14.50/person/day.

Does anyone know what is the $/day breakdown for the individual crew members.......Waiter, Asst. waiter, Stateroom attendant, etc?

Just curious.

The cruise line no longer publishes the breakdown. This is the way it was when the total was $12.95 per day ($15.95 for GS and better):

Dining & Culinary Services: $7.75 USD

Stateroom Attendant: $3.85 USD OR Suite Attendant: $6.10 USD

Other Housekeeping Services: $1.35 USD OR Housekeeping and Suite Services: $2.10 USD

This is the breakdown that Royal Caribbean sent me when I asked how the gratuities were broken down:

Total Standard Staterooms: $14.50 Previously $13.50

Stateroom Attendant: $6.20 Previously $6.10

Dining Room: $6.25 Previously $6.10

Other Hotel Services: $5.05 Previously $5.05

I asked also what was covered with the "Other Hotel Services." This is the breakdown I received. (Including the spelling)

The other hotel services include the persons who wash the bed linings as well as whoever cleans balconies or restocks the mini bar. Other hotel services include any additional person other than the stateroom attendant that may attend to any stateroom need.

This is the breakdown that Royal Caribbean sent me when I asked how the gratuities were broken down:

I asked also what was covered with the "Other Hotel Services." This is the breakdown I received. (Including the spelling)

The other hotel services include the persons who wash the bed linings as well as whoever cleans balconies or restocks the mini bar. Other hotel services include any additional person other than the stateroom attendant that may attend to any stateroom need.

Those numbers add up to $17.50. Could those be the suite numbers?

I'm sorry that somehow I only posted part of what I was sent by Royal Caribbean. I thought I had copied the whole part, but somehow I messed it up. I am going to try again:

The gratuities for the dining room are divided among the entire dining services team including those that work in the Windjammer.

Additionally, all funds received for gratuities are disbursed to the employees. We do not use it for any administrative purpose or incentive for the crew.

Please see the breakdown for the gratuities collected below on a per day basis.

Stateroom Attendant: $3.55 Previously $3.45

Other Hotel Services: $4.70 Previously $3.95

Total for Suites: $17.50 Previously $16.50

Mini Bar?

:rolleyes::')

I wondered the same thing as the last three times I sailed on Allure, the mini-bar was empty. I know you can request things to be put in the mini-bar as there is a form in the cabin to do so, but I thought, perhaps wrongly so, there was a gratuity charge added for the items requested.

Somehow, I don't think the people answering the questions "on behalf of Mr. Bayley"don't know what they are talking about.

The tips get spread wide and far. Especially to those folks you never see. Need a clean table in the buffet? Find it? someone cleaned it for you. Cabin steward has 19 cabins, yet your is spotless, it may have been the assistant you never see. Extra towels< same thing.

• 4 months later...
I'm sorry that somehow I only posted part of what I was sent by Royal Caribbean. I thought I had copied the whole part, but somehow I messed it up. I am going to try again:

The gratuities for the dining room are divided among the entire dining services team including those that work in the Windjammer.

Additionally, all funds received for gratuities are disbursed to the employees. We do not use it for any administrative purpose or incentive for the crew.

Please see the breakdown for the gratuities collected below on a per day basis.

Stateroom Attendant: $3.55 Previously $3.45

Other Hotel Services: $4.70 Previously $3.95

Total for Suites: $17.50 Previously $16.50

Do these rates suggested mean per person per day of cruising? Thanks for the update..

Gratuities = $14.50/person/day.

Does anyone know what is the $/day breakdown for the individual crew members.......Waiter, Asst. waiter, Stateroom attendant, etc?

Just curious.

There is no more break down - they moved to a bonus-system where RCI distibutes the tip-pool-money as they determine it correct -> based on a "score" they give their employees...:rolleyes:

There is no more break down - they moved to a bonus-system where RCI distibutes the tip-pool-money as they determine it correct -> based on a "score" they give their employees...:rolleyes:

When crew members flat out ask you to rate them highly on the survey, it is obvious there's a monetary correlation with those "scores."

When crew members flat out ask you to rate them highly on the survey, it is obvious there's a monetary correlation with those "scores."

But there is a section on the survey asking if you have been specifically asked to score a 10.... and by what department. Presumably that mean they go on the naughty step that week and lose out on the pot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's next? Asking your accountant how the fee you pay to get your taxes prepared and filed how your fee is split up among the various employees and support functions.

Guess I'll never understand why this is a FAQ with some cruisers.

What's next? Asking your accountant how the fee you pay to get your taxes prepared and filed how your fee is split up among the various employees and support functions.

Guess I'll never understand why this is a FAQ with some cruisers.

It's nice to know (in theory) where your money goes.

I don't believe for a minute that "breakdown" is accurate. But let's assume it is. If I see that $5 goes to dining staff and $3 goes to housekeeping staff, and I have a messy family, and the housekeeping staff keeps my room immaculate, I might be more inclined to throw some extra cash to housekeeping.

Again, I don't believe these numbers are accurate (nor do I believe Royal doesn't skim a percent off the top) so in reality, it's a moot point. Receive great service...tip cash accordingly.

• Like 3

But there is a section on the survey asking if you have been specifically asked to score a 10.... and by what department. Presumably that mean they go on the naughty step that week and lose out on the pot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No idea. Maybe so. But I would never "out" someone over something like that, especially if they provided phenomenal service.

Haven't been asked in over a year.

They do ask you to fill out the survey, but no request for a top score anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No idea. Maybe so. But I would never "out" someone over something like that, especially if they provided phenomenal service.
I would in a heartbeat.

I like that that they quit doing it.

It was so uncomfortable, especially from Head Waiter

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk