Port of Miami rental cars

Live to Dream

There are car rentals at the airport. Not all have free shuttles.

Alamo, National and Enterprise do have a free shuttle to the port and from the port to MIA.

Some other rental car companies that are located a few minutes from the port do have free shuttles also but have not used them so can't name them.

We have always rented from Alamo and pleased with our experience. Dropping the car off at the airport and getting a free shuttle to the port has never been a problem and taking the shuttle at the port to pick up a car at MIA is also very easy

We are driving a rental to Miami and looking at a drop off place either at Miami airport and taking taxi or rental location with free shuttle. Is the wait for a shuttle long or are they pretty frequent. We like to get to ship early and really don't want to sit at rental place for extended length of time.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

So, when we disembark, we just call Alamo and they will send a shuttle for us and take us to the airport to rent the car?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

They have shuttles coming back and forth to the port to pick passengers up for the airport rental.

They do ask you for your rental confirmation so you do need to have a reservation made in advance.

We are driving a rental to Miami and looking at a drop off place either at Miami airport and taking taxi or rental location with free shuttle. Is the wait for a shuttle long or are they pretty frequent. We like to get to ship early and really don't want to sit at rental place for extended length of time.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

I can only speak for the Alamo, National and Enterprise shuttle. They come early to the port ( last month we caught a shuttle at 7:15am ), pick up passengers and drop them off at the airport rental and then pick up passengers going to the port. There is no set time. The shuttles pick up and drop off all day. It's a matter of luck. Sometimes after we have dropped off the car, a shuttle is waiting right there. Sometimes we have to wait. Maybe 15-20 minutes.

The rental car companies have shuttles to/from the following dropoff/pickup locations as follows:

Alamo / National / Enterprise (select location code MIA or Miami Airport) - uses the Miami airport location

Thrifty / Dollar (select location code Miami Cruise Ship - Shuttle) - They also use the same counter as the Miami airport location

Hertz (select Miami - Port of Miami) - uses the 229 Southeast 2nd Street location

Budget (location code P2F) - uses the 89 SE 2nd St location

Avis (location code Q8M) - uses the 99 SE 2nd St location

We are returning from a cruise 4-30-17 to the Port of Miami. I am looking to rent a car and return it the same evening at thee Fort Lauderdale Airport. Has anyone used these rental companies to do this?

Thank You

I have flown into Fll and rented from Budget and returned it at the port Budget office in Miami.

Basically just the reverse of what want to do.

We had no problems at all.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Originally posted by Live to Dream

April 16 for 2 days, Nissan Altima, 143 Total

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

That is not a good deal at all IMO. You could find something for much less.

Actually - That's Easter Sunday and is about the cheapest I saw when I did a quick search, probably due to the holiday

Rates may come down between now and then... As long as you don't do a pre-paid rental, you can cancel and re-book if you see a price drop.

• 7 months later...