New Years Eve on American Queen - How dressy

Sader417

We're taking our first American river cruise NOLA to NOLA next week.

Understand that dress is resort casual. Wife asking how dressy is it in general, and particularly for NYE. Will we be out of place if she's not in a cocktail dress and I'm without sportcoat?

:)

Thanks for your help.

Understand that dress is resort casual. Wife asking how dressy is it in general, and particularly for NYE. Will we be out of place if she's not in a cocktail dress and I'm without sportcoat?

Thanks for your help.

We are on the queen right now. I would say that for Xmas eve the Ladies will be dressed to the 9s and gentlemen will be in suits. A few tuxes. So for New Years eve I would expect the same. It's the one reason to go on a cruise, To get dressed to the 9s. Have a great time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help.

You will see a few people not dolled up, but you might rent a tux or at least purchase a colored dress shirt with matching tie. The lady can wear anything classy from slacks with a festive top to a nice dress. Merry Christmas.

You will see a few people not dolled up, but you might rent a tux or at least purchase a colored dress shirt with matching tie. The lady can wear anything classy from slacks with a festive top to a nice dress. Merry Christmas.

For Christmas Eve it was lots of pretty tops and slacks. Lots of pretty dresses. For the men lots of suits. Sports coats, fancy ties. And a few dressed nicely. But there was one guy that had a black velvet coat with a black shirt and trousers. To finish the look he had a white bow tie with white handkerchief and white boutineer. His lady in a cure tiered black dress with patterned hose. Very dashing. I wonder who this Don Juan was. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I've never seen any gentleman with a tux during any of the ten trips that I have made on the AMERICAN QUEEN or AMERICAN EMPRESS. Three years ago while on the AQ during Christmas not every male passenger was even wearing a jacket to dinner.

I've never seen any gentleman with a tux during any of the ten trips that I have made on the AMERICAN QUEEN or AMERICAN EMPRESS. Three years ago while on the AQ during Christmas not every male passenger was even wearing a jacket to dinner.
You are correct. I was as close as you can get as my velvet jacket is tux cut. The older gentlemen Wear either suits or sports coats. Most wear reg ties. I wear bow ties. In Europe the Europeans and British tend to wear tuxes as they dad two summers ago. Great time had by all. Happy New Year.