Bus ticket books at SG post office?

mkmaj

After reading through the transportation site, it looks like ticket books will be the most economical option.

Does anyone know if they sell them at the St . George post office? The site says sold at post offices, not all. No list, though!

If you are referring to the ferry and bus passes, they are sold at the pier at the Dockyard, at the ferry terminal in Hamilton, in Hamilton at the bus station, and at the information center near the pier in St. George. I believe most of the post offices will also sell them. Note that these locations will sell the passes but not all sell individual tokens or tickets.

After reading through the transportation site, it looks like ticket books will be the most economical option.

Does anyone know if they sell them at the St . George post office? The site says sold at post offices, not all. No list, though!

They should have them at the St. George's post office and people have reported getting them there but there is no guarantee they will have them in stock. Hamilton is the only place I would count on. Post office, Bus Terminal and Ferry Terminal have had them in the past.

the St George Visitor Information Centre might have the ticket books too

They don't sell the ticket booklets at any Visitor Information Centers.

I appears that the booklets are meant for local residents and not tourists. Local residents depend on the buses to get to work and school. That is why they are sold at post offices, the main terminals and not the Visitor Information Centers. Anyone can buy them but they are not going to make it easy for tourists.

Edited by Charles4515

If you are referring to the ferry and bus passes, they are sold at the pier at the Dockyard, at the ferry terminal in Hamilton, in Hamilton at the bus station, and at the information center near the pier in St. George. I believe most of the post offices will also sell them. Note that these locations will sell the passes but not all sell individual tokens or tickets.

They are not referring to ferry and bus passes.

They are not referring to ferry and bus passes.

I read that as well and guess I should have been more clear that the passes would be an option and apparently more readily available than the tickets. (I did reference that the locations mentioned sold the passes but may not sell the tickets).

Just trying to help. :)

Do they sell ferry tokens in the building when you get off the boat, or do I have to go to the visiter info stand. (Dockyard) thanks.

Yes. There are three Visitor Information Centers at the Dockyard. One at each of the terminal buildings where you get off and on the ship, there are two berths, and one by where the ferries dock. All three VIC's sell tokens and one or two day transportation passes. Tokens and transportation passes can be used on ferries and buses.

#

For the ferry? What's a short hop on the ferry? I'll be going to St George's. Not a short hop. Lol

Ferry requires the 14 zone token.

A short bus trip from Dockyard to Port Royal = 3 zone token.

# 4 bus route Hamiton to Spanish Point = 3 Zone token.

#6 bus route St. George to St. David = 3 zone token cover's it.

Thanks all for the very helpful information!

My thought was to take the NCL ferry to St. George's the first morning and buy a ticket book while we're there. Good to know that there's at least other options there if it doesn't work out!

• 11 months later...

The last time I was in Bermuda I was able to purchase the transportation 2- or 3-Day ticket onboard, that was with MSC.  I am going on the Escape in May...anyone who traveled on the Escape to Bermuda, can you tell me if they sell the tickets onboard??  Thanks!!

On 1/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, Glamourgal said:

The last time I was in Bermuda I was able to purchase the transportation 2- or 3-Day ticket onboard, that was with MSC.  I am going on the Escape in May...anyone who traveled on the Escape to Bermuda, can you tell me if they sell the tickets onboard??  Thanks!!

They did not sell any transportation passes onboard when we were on in June.

Years ago when cruise ships were small some sold the transportation passes onboard. I can’t imagine that happening on an NCL super mega ship or other mega ship. Surprised that MSC was selling them onboard. Since the tourism authority sells the passes in the terminal buildings on the dock there is no problem buying passes and tokens. I personally would rather buy the tokens than the passes.

Bermuda was working on an electronic system that would be more convenient for local residents and tourists but no news on that yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk