Info on Wednesday night life?

kcdancerkc

The Wednesday night event being asked about is probably the Harbour Nights street festival. Harbour Nights are held Wednesday evenings in Hamilton starting at 7:00 PM running this year from May 2 thru August 29. The Escape is docked at the Dockyard. There are ferries to Hamilton from the Dockyard. Returning to the Dockyard the last ferries Wednesday night only from Hamilton will be at 10:00 pm and 10:30 pm.

Edited by Charles4515

I wouldn't say it's a gimmick to get people to Hamilton to get people to eat at restaurants. This music and street vendors selling art / locally made items. Personally I like to spend my money there and support local artisans.

Most of the souvenirs sold in the shop at the dockyard are made in China.

How is the Habour Nights festival anyway? I can't tell whether it's something the whole family (kids 11 and 9) would enjoy or just a gimmick to get people into town to eat at the restaurants.

It's very family oriented. The Gombey Dancers are great fun to see and there are some local vendors there. I will add however, that although we had planned to stay in Hamilton for dinner, once we had seen the dancers and explored the vendors, we realized that we had plenty of time to catch the ferry back to the ship for dinner.