Suggestions/Advice please...

Wngsfan

NCL has switched our cruise from Bahamas to Bermuda. We are travelling October 14 out of New York. We are pleased with the change, however, we do not arrive in Bermuda until 5:00 pm. Normally this itinerary has you arriving in the morning on the first day. So we really only have a day and a half to explore. There are so many things I'd love to see and do and I was hoping people who have travelled to Bermuda before can give some insight as to what is possible and what should be eliminated due to time constraints. The things that interest us is the beach with the pink sand, Tom Moore's Jungle, the caves, Swizzle Inn, the unfinished church and a little window shopping. We would welcome any new suggestions as well.

• 1 month later...
NCL has switched our cruise from Bahamas to Bermuda. We are travelling October 14 out of New York. We are pleased with the change, however, we do not arrive in Bermuda until 5:00 pm. Normally this itinerary has you arriving in the morning on the first day. So we really only have a day and a half to explore. There are so many things I'd love to see and do and I was hoping people who have traveled to Bermuda before can give some insight as to what is possible and what should be eliminated due to time constraints. The things that interest us is the beach with the pink sand, Tom Moore's Jungle, the caves, Swizzle Inn, the unfinished church and a little window shopping. We would welcome any new suggestions as well.

This cruise has not been included in the preliminary 2018 Bermuda Cruise Ship Schedule. Was this cruise recently switched?

Do you only want to see the pink sand at the beach or spend time swimming? Either way, I would go to Horseshoe Bay Beach which has pink sand on departure day, and with any left over time before departure, explore the Dockyard.

On Thursday, I would take the first NCL complimentary ferry to St George's where you could do a walking tour which would include the Unfinished Church. Then, take a taxi (or bus) to the caves, and tour one of them. Walk from the caves to the Swizzle Inn. Once completed at the SI, decide whether you still want to do TMJ. If you do go to TMJ, what do you plan to do there?

Once done at TMJ or SI, take a taxi (or bus) into Hamilton for some shopping. Take the ferry from Hamilton to the Dockyard to get back to the cruise ship.

OR

On Thursday, you could do a 'blue flag' taxi tour and tell the driver/guide what your must dos are. I would still leave the beach for Friday.

The reason the Escape is arriving late on Wednesday, is because both wharves are occupied by other cruise ships which will depart before you arrive.

SBtS