Nirvana Nassau

bluehawks47

We are looking at taking a cab to Love beach. We will be docking at 8:00 am. We are not looking for a long beach day, just a few hours on the beach with a fun beach bar nearby. How far is this from the port and do cabs come and go from this location? I would hate to get there and not be able to get a cab back.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are looking at taking a cab to Love beach. We will be docking at 8:00 am. We are not looking for a long beach day, just a few hours on the beach with a fun beach bar nearby. How far is this from the port and do cabs come and go from this location? I would hate to get there and not be able to get a cab back.

Thank you

Love Beach is 12 miles from downtown. A cab costs $40 for 2 ppl. $4 for each additional person, plus tip. One way. Cabs do not travel freely out that way, but you could walk to Compass point and they will call one for you. Or you can arrange for your driver to pick you up at a certain time. Give yourself plenty of time to get back as there is generally traffic during school bus times and rush hour. The trip can take 30 minutes, or 50 depending on traffic. Some jitneys travel out that far, but again, you would have to make arrangements to get back. Unless you have plenty of time to kill, and not rush back to the ship, I wouldn't chance it.

Nirvana opens late morning.

Love Beach is 12 miles from downtown. A cab costs $40 for 2 ppl. $4 for each additional person, plus tip. One way. Cabs do not travel freely out that way, but you could walk to Compass point and they will call one for you. Or you can arrange for your driver to pick you up at a certain time. Give yourself plenty of time to get back as there is generally traffic during school bus times and rush hour. The trip can take 20 minutes, or 50 depending on traffic. Some jitneys travel out that far, but again, you would have to make arrangements to get back. Unless you have plenty of time to kill, and not rush back to the ship, I wouldn't chance it.

Nirvana opens late morning.

Thank you. I think we will play it safe and just walk to Junkanoo Beach and hit a few of the bars along there.

Thanks