CocoCay Beach Lounger Rental Question

Sok217

I want to rent a beach lounger (clamshell umbrella, formerly know as cabanettes) at CocoCay. Per Royal Carribean, you’ll need to rent one beach lounger per every two guests. There are 4 of us total (2 adults, 2 kids). Is this rule strictly enforced? I really only need one lounger for hubby and I. The kids only need a place for their stuff. I want to make sure they will be allowed in the beach lounger area if I didn’t reserve a beach lounger for them. Reserving a beach lounger for them would be a waste since the last thing they want to do at the beach is sit around.

I know there are loungers offered for free on the island, in the shade, but I’d like to use the clamshell loungers.

Thanks

Edited by Sok217

• 1 month later...

You don't need to rent loungers for the kids...just plop their stuff on the ground beside you! If they want to sit, you can pull a free lounger up next to your clamshell....you do know that the loungers are everywhere and are moveable....what you're paying for is the clamshell.

You don't need to rent loungers for the kids...just plop their stuff on the ground beside you! If they want to sit, you can pull a free lounger up next to your clamshell....you do know that the loungers are everywhere and are moveable....what you're paying for is the clamshell.

Not exactly. If it's like Labadee, there are no loungers just sitting around the clamshell area. What you're paying for is shaded seating for TWO. OP, I don't think there'll be an issue bringing your kids in and having them sit with you, but they won't get a seat since the clamshell is for two people. Just be sure to ask at the excursions desk when you board.

Thank you!

Not exactly. If it's like Labadee, there are no loungers just sitting around the clamshell area. What you're paying for is shaded seating for TWO. OP, I don't think there'll be an issue bringing your kids in and having them sit with you, but they won't get a seat since the clamshell is for two people. Just be sure to ask at the excursions desk when you board.

Thank you, I will.

• 2 months later...

Just got back from our cruise. There was no problem with the kids sharing the beach loungers with us. When we arrived, we presented our beach lounger ticket to an attendant, she gave my husband and I a VIP bracelet, then we were able to choose any available beach clamshell (comes with two beach lounger chairs). Will definitely reserve a beach lounger again, so relaxing, and a relief from the sun.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you reserve the beach lounger and the clamshell online or you have to do it onboard? How much is it?

You can definitely reserve it online at a discounted price beforehand...wait for one of the emails that say up to 30% off. My question is where these clamshell loungers are? Is it in a remote area or? Is it near the area where most people snorkel? (That's what I'm hoping) Thanks