2 days in Bermuda - help

dst

I am exited - its our first time in Bermuda (group of 20) BUT what do we want to do.....

We are thinking of booking a private tour company - tour the Island, stop at Horseshoe Beach, Tabaco Beach and seeing the Crystal Caves.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a private tour company

Is this too much to do in one day

Day two in Bermuda we are doing an excursion through the ship and in the afternoon walking to a nearby beach

Anyone have any feedback; I am feeling a bit lost (but excited to be going to Bermuda)

You wrote "stop at Horseshoe Bay, Tobacco Bay and seeing the Crystal Caves", will you be stopping to swim at either beach or you just want to see the beaches? What you do at the beaches will have a significant impact on what else you can do that day. The tour of the island could include a stop (only) at both beaches.

SBtS

You wrote "stop at Horseshoe Bay, Tobacco Bay and seeing the Crystal Caves", will you be stopping to swim at either beach or you just want to see the beaches? What you do at the beaches will have a significant impact on what else you can do that day. The tour of the island could include a stop (only) at both beaches.

SBtS

We were hoping to see one, snorkel at one -could this be done? Which is better to snorkel

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were hoping to see one, snorkel at one -could this be done? Which is better to snorkel

The most popular beach for off the beach snorkeling is Tobacco Bay so that it where I would suggest you go.

This is how I would suggest doing this, As part of your tour, make sure you stop at Horseshoe Bay. Then finish your tour at TB or King's Square, St George's. If you finish your tour at King;s Square, it is only a 15-20 minute walk to TB. You could take a taxi or shuttle (if running) for the same trip.

If you time your stay at TB, you may get back to KS, SG in time for the last ferry from SG to the Dockyard. If that doesn't work out, you would take the bus (or taxi) to Hamilton where you would take the ferry from Hamilton to the Dockyard.

Make an effort to buy tokens to pay for fares because tokens are not sold on the buses or ferry.

SBtS

The most popular beach for off the beach snorkeling is Tobacco Bay so that it where I would suggest you go.

This is how I would suggest doing this, As part of your tour, make sure you stop at Horseshoe Bay. Then finish your tour at TB or King's Square, St George's. If you finish your tour at King;s Square, it is only a 15-20 minute walk to TB. You could take a taxi or shuttle (if running) for the same trip.

If you time your stay at TB, you may get back to KS, SG in time for the last ferry from SG to the Dockyard. If that doesn't work out, you would take the bus (or taxi) to Hamilton where you would take the ferry from Hamilton to the Dockyard.

Make an effort to buy tokens to pay for fares because tokens are not sold on the buses or ferry.

SBtS

Thanks very helpful

Silly question but if we did a private tour then they would take care of that and no need for the ferry correct?

Appreciate your help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks very helpful

Silly question but if we did a private tour then they would take care of that and no need for the ferry correct?

Appreciate your help

I'm not completely clear what you are asking but if you do a tour and it did not end where you started the tour then you would be responsible for the transportation costs involved in getting back to the cruise ship. Or were thinking of having the tour wait for you (as part of the tour) while you were snorkeling at TB? In this case you would not need the ferry.

A taxi ride from TB to the Dockyard would take about 1H 15M; by ferry the trip from St George's to the Dockyard is 45M.

SBtS

I'm not completely clear what you are asking but if you do a tour and it did not end where you started the tour then you would be responsible for the transportation costs involved in getting back to the cruise ship. Or were thinking of having the tour wait for you (as part of the tour) while you were snorkeling at TB? In this case you would not need the ferry.

A taxi ride from TB to the Dockyard would take about 1H 15M; by ferry the trip from St George's to the Dockyard is 45M.

SBtS

Yes we are thinking of doing a private tour for the day, driver/tour company would stay with us - I'm researching what tour companies now. So there is ability to drive instead of ferry from place to place

Thanks again for your help; I am so excited to be going to Bermuda