Paris and the Heart of Normandy Captured Our Hearts! Full Trip Report - Viking Rolf

Sleep7

Funny coincidence! :cool:

We saw a movie yesterday called "Loving Vincent" and it's all about the last few months of Vincent Van Gogh's life.The whole movie takes places in the town Auvers sur Oise that we visited on the second day of the cruise!

The story is just the same as what the tour guides told us.. that no one was sure he had actually committed suicide.

It might have been a local ruffian who did the shooting and that Vincent covered for him by saying he shot himself.

Here is the link to the trailer. It was such a beautiful movie.. the whole thing was drawn to look like a painting that Van Gogh would have done.

Have a lovely day!!!

Excellent review! We’re on the Rolf now, just waking up from night #1. Your review has given me a great prospective on what to do and expect this week. I’m so excited!!!! Thanks again for your well written, comprehensive review!:)

Edited by jpbcpa
Tupo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sleep7, Thank you so much for such a comprehensive review! We are on this very same cruise November of this year, same week that you were aboard last year, as the first part of our two-week France's Finest cruise. As this will be our fourth Viking river cruise we weren't at all surprised by your comments about the ship and the excellent on-board experience. In our opinion, they definitely lead the field of river cruising. Loved reading all your impressions of the ports of call. Can't wait to be on this our next Viking cruise!

We will be doing this cruise with Uniworld in August so even though it will be on a different line your review makes me even more excited about our trip in August. Great review and thanks for taking the time to share.

We will be doing this cruise with Uniworld in August so even though it will be on a different line your review makes me even more excited about our trip in August. Great review and thanks for taking the time to share.

After an impromptu change of plans, we will be doing this Uniworld cruise in 5 weeks (Rhone cuise cancelled). I'll be doing a trip report...looking forward to it!

Robin

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
I will be looking forward to your review.

My reviews tend to be a little different than others:) And, this will be our second time doing this route, though there are different excursions offered. IOW, you may see some of the less "popular" excursions. We will be arriving 2 days early and already have our Eiffel Tower tix booked, as well as Opera House tour tix, and will have a Paris Museum Pass.

My husband is a golfer, and is definitely looking forward to golf, so expect pics there!

Robin

My reviews tend to be a little different than others:) And, this will be our second time doing this route, though there are different excursions offered. IOW, you may see some of the less "popular" excursions. We will be arriving 2 days early and already have our Eiffel Tower tix booked, as well as Opera House tour tix, and will have a Paris Museum Pass.

My husband is a golfer, and is definitely looking forward to golf, so expect pics there!

Robin

We are also going to arrive a few days early and I am just starting to plan now. Will definitely do the Eiffel tower and thinking of getting Viator tickets for the tour. I also want to do a dinner cruise on the Seine but other than that still planning. My husband and I golf but not very good so do not think we will be doing any golfing on this trip.

enhance

enhance

The sun was getting low in the sky and the views of the Pont Alexandre Bridge were stunning.

enhance

Love your blog. we will be in Paris before our Amsterdam to Basel cruise in Sept.

Question .... were the price lower at the Louis Vuitton store?

Thank you so much for your review and all your pics! I loved being able to read your daily planners. My husband and i will do this itinerary in july for our first trip to europe (after 10 days spent in paris with good friends). It was interesting to see what else we could do on the paris days as we will have explored paris at length already. Thanks again for your entertaining review! Jane

• 1 month later...

:hearteyes:Good morning Vino100, Kylie and mom2mybugs!:hearteyes:

Just saw your posts today.. for some reason I wasn't getting an email saying that there was a new reply.:confused:

Anyways.. thanks for your sweet compliments! You are all in for such a treat on this cruise.

Vino100.. yes my LV bag was at least 30% less expensive in Paris than it was here in the USA.

I bought a Neverfull in the medium size and it's about $1300 here plus tax and was around $1000 there after I received the VAT refund. The dollar has been lower against the Euro recently but it's still less to buy it there.

Happy cruising and shopping!

:hearteyes:Good morning Vino100, Kylie and mom2mybugs!:hearteyes:

Just saw your posts today.. for some reason I wasn't getting an email saying that there was a new reply.:confused:

Anyways.. thanks for your sweet compliments! You are all in for such a treat on this cruise.

Vino100.. yes my LV bag was at least 30% less expensive in Paris than it was here in the USA.

I bought a Neverfull in the medium size and it's about $1300 here plus tax and was around $1000 there after I received the VAT refund. The dollar has been lower against the Euro recently but it's still less to buy it there.

Happy cruising and shopping!

Thanks for the info and also for your wonderful report on your trip.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sleep7 - thank you so much for the wonderful review of this cruise. We have been toying with the idea of a river cruise for our vacation next year and after reading your posts have one booked for September 2019. It's really a long way off, but it gives us something to look forward to !

Happy sailing !

Robin

Sleep7 - thank you so much for the wonderful review of this cruise. We have been toying with the idea of a river cruise for our vacation next year and after reading your posts have one booked for September 2019. It's really a long way off, but it gives us something to look forward to !

Happy sailing !

Robin

Robin, you didn't say which itinerary you chose but if it is one of Viking's in France, we hope that you will join the conversation here:

Everything Viking France: Normandy, Paris, Provence. It will help the time fly by.