Excursion advice!

Stpaycheck

i need excursion suggestions for Barbados, St. John’s, St. Kitts, St Croix and St. Lucia. I would love to know which islands I really need to book an excursion and which islands I can get off the ship and there is something within walking distance or short taxi ride worth doing. Thank you in advance! All new islands to us ... Family of 4... youngest is 12. Norwegian Gem.

i need excursion suggestions for Barbados, St. John’s, St. Kitts, St Croix and St. Lucia. I would love to know which islands I really need to book an excursion and which islands I can get off the ship and there is something within walking distance or short taxi ride worth doing. Thank you in advance! All new islands to us ... Family of 4... youngest is 12. Norwegian Gem.

I suggest heading over to the Ports of Call forum and doing some research there:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=365&f=5

If you're looking for a relaxing beach day head on over to the Boatyard in Barbados. Great place. It was $15 per person when we were there 2 years ago. Included a lounger, umbrella, one drink and a ride back to your ship.

On St. Kitts we loved Royston Tours. Best island tour we've ever taken. Look him up. Antigua and St. Lucia it's been 18 years since we've been there so really can't help you.

And, pick up a guidebook at your local library! The more you know about your ports, the better time you can have for the least amount of money! Excursions can be quite expensive, especially for a family of 4....the more you can do on your own, the less you'll need to spend! A guidebook tells you everything about all of your ports...beaches, shopping, points of interest, food/drink, transportation, safety, etc...

I would do some research first about each port, then check what tours yourcruise line offers, do a search of independent operators for each port, and then go to the Port of Calls threads here on CC. Narrow down your interests, do you prefer beaches, shopping, sightseeing , adventure, snorkeling, etc. You can get some fantastic info if you narrow down your specific wants. It does sound like you are on a smaller non mainline ship if you are directly docking at St John's, so your ship may or may not dock at the more familar standard cruiseline piers. If you are visitng St John's from St Thomas, I would recommend a ship tour, especially for novice or 1st time cruisers unfamilar with the island.

Offhand, they are all small islands and you can taxi almost anywhere in a 1/2 hour or less. Barbados does have nearby beaches perhaps a 15 minute cab ride away if the van fills quickly.

Did a fabulous private excursion last year on St. Lucia... one of the best ever. Find out more information from Cosol Tours...google or TA or CC. It is very reasonable and the four of us would do it again. See all the highlights of Island, plus food and drinks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums