What one item do you always bring?

Dreams42Day

Love this thread!

It's hard to pick one lol I never travel without my travel cubes. They keep our clothes organized, less wrinkles and save space! I also have a cruise emergency kit that stays packed with items like charcoal, duck tape, pins, sewing kit, bandaids, pepto etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, what is the charcoal used for?

Activated charcoal (Norit) is great for funky stomachs, be it from food, booze or motion.

Ah, that makes sense. I was visualizing charcoal briquettes and thought maybe you were going to have your own BBQ poolside to replace the now extinct Lido BBQ I used to enjoy.

Yes, what is the charcoal used for?

I had the same question. And to be honest, my first thought was that they were using it for illicit barbeques in their cabin, in order to avoid the $4.95 In Room Dining charge for a Dive-In hamburger.

Oh, that's another thread... never mind! ;):D

Just curious, what is a RTIC tumbler?

If you are familiar with Yeti brand, it’s similar just a different brand name that is much much less expensive but just a good.

They are stainless steel triple walled drinking tumblers with lids and come in 20 and 30 oz sizes. Ice will stay frozen in them for hours and hours even in the Caribbean heat.

Mine travels everywhere with me.

If you are familiar with Yeti brand, it’s similar just a different brand name that is much much less expensive but just a good.

They are stainless steel triple walled drinking tumblers with lids and come in 20 and 30 oz sizes. Ice will stay frozen in them for hours and hours even in the Caribbean heat.

TrolleyGirl, thanks, I’ll look them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This has already been mentioned, but we also bring a small roll of duct tape...because you never know.

For a few pennies more, folks who feel a need to bring duct tape can purchase "gaffer" tape (at most hardware stores) instead (actually, if you need the tape, you can "borrow" it from the entertainment personnel on the ship). Gaffer tape holds as well as duct tape for most applications but leaves zero residue when removed.

Also, any contemporary smart phone has a flashlight, nightlight, alarm clock, camera (pix quality on iPhone 7+ and later models is excellent), and capability for TV remote app, off line maps, all essential travel docs, et al.

IMO, if you need OTD shoe hangers, extension cords (ship will provide for CPAP), etc., you're bringing way too much stuff.

But if there is no outlet in the bathroom, besides the razor outlet, what do you plug it into?

I have always had someplace to plug it in on HAL cruises but I am hearing on this thread that due to changes in decor (?) in staterooms, that not all ships have outlets in the bathroom for a night light. So I am taking a cue from some posters here and I bought the flameless battery operated candles (I got mine at Walmart for less than $5) just in case there is no outlet for a night light anymore. I take a night light even for land tours and for hotel stays and have never had an issue with an outlet. But I am hearing differently on this thread. So I wanted to be prepared so I bought the flameless candles. Sounds like a good idea to me.

For a few pennies more, folks who feel a need to bring duct tape can purchase "gaffer" tape (at most hardware stores) instead (actually, if you need the tape, you can "borrow" it from the entertainment personnel on the ship). Gaffer tape holds as well as duct tape for most applications but leaves zero residue when removed.

Also, any contemporary smart phone has a flashlight, nightlight, alarm clock, camera (pix quality on iPhone 7+ and later models is excellent), and capability for TV remote app, off line maps, all essential travel docs, et al.

IMO, if you need OTD shoe hangers, extension cords (ship will provide for CPAP), etc., you're bringing way too much stuff.

Electrical tape works wonders at times also. I always bring a roll.

I don't turn my phone on except on land, so I bring a flashlight, travel alarm clock, camera, etc. Maybe that is why others do too.

When travelling on land, I just use the smartphone for everything...except the flashlight. I always have a small one handy!

This is me. Without the tape. I am a minimalist. I hate clutter. The stewards probably love me.

Passport. In fact I ask my wife constantly weather we packed them, fear of not having them at embarkation. oh no!

It's the very first thing on my packing list, and there is a special pocket on the back of my rollaboard case where it's kept. So it's the first thing packed and that pocket is the last thing I check before walking out the house.

My sister bought these for my husband and me for a cruise we took together. THEY ARE AMAZING! (The cups AND my sister!) In a glass, the ice melts so quickly that my drink is watered down almost immediately ... but in the RTIC, the ice lasts ALLLLL day and doesn't water down my beverage of choice! The YETI is "famous" and pricey ..... The RTIC is the lesser known, less expensive equal of the YETI. Indispensable for cruising! :)