Serenade aft cabin choice 9256 or 1602?

Love aft cabins, and have 9256 (4B, Spacious ocean view balcony) on deck 9 booked for late May Baltic cruise on Serenade.

Juinior suite 1602 on deck 10 just came available at a price I would consider, but concerned about the noise from Windjammer (outdoor seating for WJ directly above 1602).

So do I stay with current (but smaller) room on quieter deck 9, or trade up to JS and risk noise (but more space and walk in closet and bigger bathroom)?

Love aft cabins, and have 9256 (4B, Spacious ocean view balcony) on deck 9 booked for late May Baltic cruise on Serenade.

Juinior suite 1602 on deck 10 just came available at a price I would consider, but concerned about the noise from Windjammer (outdoor seating for WJ directly above 1602).

So do I stay with current (but smaller) room on quieter deck 9, or trade up to JS and risk noise (but more space and walk in closet and bigger bathroom)?

Close call for me....

If you are sensitive to noise 1602 and the other JS 1100 get a lot of chair scrapers in the morning from the outside Windjammer.

1602 has more shade most of the time as 9256 doesn't have an overhang above it.

Nice having the tub and closet in 1602 if those things are important to you?

Don't think you can make a bad call either way. It would come down to the price difference.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It's all a matter of personal preference. We love the extra light coming into the cabin, and the DH loves the full sun on the balcony of corner aft 9256. The balcony is wide and open. It does not have the cave like tunnel of shade that 1602 does...and agree...the noise from chairs scraping and the cleaning directly over head of 1602 from the outside WJ would bother me more.

However, if you like the extra space and room of a JS, and prefer the shade...then I would go for 1602.

We recently had 1602 and loved it. Yes, the noise early morning from above can be a problem, or if you like to take an occasional nap during the day, windjammer can be noisy. But I would definitely book it again. We are trying 9256 on Radiance next year.

Enjoyed 9256 on Radiance for both legs of our B2B in Alaska. Best way to view the inland waterway. :hearteyes: And that is where that full warming sun was most welcome. ;)

My mom and I will be in this cabin on our 9/29/19 cruise on the Serenade. Come back and post pictures please if you decide to stay in that cabin. I'm so excited...my first aft!
This is 9256 on Brilliance. It will be exactly the same on Serenade.

This is 9256 on Brilliance. It will be exactly the same on Serenade.

Thank you! Now I'm even more excited. One question though - do they have a small table and regular chairs that they can put on the balcony? I know my mom and I would love to sit out there in the morning with our coffee and small breakfast (continental style since that's still free!).

Thank you! Now I'm even more excited. One question though - do they have a small table and regular chairs that they can put on the balcony? I know my mom and I would love to sit out there in the morning with our coffee and small breakfast (continental style since that's still free!).
We had a table and 2 chairs with the 2 lounges last time we had cabin 9256.

We have the cabin again on the Brilliance TransAtlantic in April.

I may have some pics on my phone....

We had a table and 2 chairs with the 2 lounges last time we had cabin 9256.

We have the cabin again on the Brilliance TransAtlantic in April.

I may have some pics on my phone....

Yeah! Good to know! I wonder if I can prop the door open somehow at night so we can listen to that wake while we sleep. Oh how relaxing! Still way too long to wait.

Yeah! Good to know! I wonder if I can prop the door open somehow at night so we can listen to that wake while we sleep. Oh how relaxing! Still way too long to wait.
Found many of cabin 1100 as that is where we have been staying lately.....but here is one pic of 9256 that doesn't show the chairs behind me. I believe this is Jewel.

e614106bf671c08ef37cf6b3075d2013.jpg

Thank you to all who provided advice - I just changed our booking from 9256 to 1602!

In the end, we like the additional space and bigger bathroom - and I am a shade-lover so the covered balcony appeals to me (also allows use in case of rain). Will bring ear plugs in case the noise is an issue, but we are not noise-sensitive so I don't think it will be a problem.

Pam,

Brett and Greg here from Sarasota, Fl. We will be in #1104 on your sailing---which is 2 cabins over from #1602. (I could have taken #1604 next to you... but picked #1104) We have been in the same cabin some 10 years ago and liked it. Nice high views and a little noise from the Windjammer above. Hope to see you onboard... Brett :)