Kids food and (separate question) coffee travel mug?

Barbie&Skipper

Hi there! We leave on 2/17 on Carnival Miracle....I’ve been trying to read through threads here so my apologies if these have been asked!

We haven’t cruised in 10 years, before 3 kiddos and major coffee habit.

Kids are super good kids, 10, 8, and 8... they never complain about food but definitely are a little picky and only eat kid type food, especially chicken nuggets, chicken fingers, chicken strips. I see there is pizza but curious about nuggets and noodles.

Also, Can I bring a coffee travel mug and fill it up? I’m not a fancy coffee drinker but definitely a lot of regular joe throughout the day. If so, is there creamer available too? Just wondering if I should bring my own, nondairy is fine w me. Nice to know if needed or not :)

Thank you!

Depending on the ship they might have guys burgers, if not they will have a grill area with burgers, dog, and usually chicken fingers or nuggets and fries. Pizza is available all the time. The MDR has a kids menu with burgers, nuggets, pasta, then I think grilled cheese, and pizza? My son is allergic to dairy so I'm not sure on those options! Lol

As for coffee plain coffee is always available and you can certainly fill your own travel mug, just used one of theirs to fill it with. I'm not a coffee drinker but I'm almost 100% certain they have milk, cream, and sugar available. You can also get coffee from room service so in the morning if you l need it before you have the world! I know many people have said their picky kids actually liked ordering the food from the adult menu, they can look at both and go from there. I'm sure they will find plenty to eat, even if it's pizza all the time!

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Coffee is always available in the Lido for filling your travel mugs .Do not fill your mug directly from the coffee urn . Just use a new cup to fill your mug with .

If you have a midships to aft cabin , it is just a quick elevator ride up to the Lido.

Best to have tops for those mugs .

The kid's menus have PLENTY of what they'll like...mac and cheese, chicken strips, burgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese....they will NOT go hungry. And, it's a good opportunity for them to stretch their tastebuds a bit!

Yes, you can bring your cup...no, you don't need to bring creamer....many kinds are available!

I understand picky eaters! My oldest was 16 on his last cruise... and heck even when we go to a more upscale place? Yeah.. chicken fingers. Pizza 24 hours will be around, and there will be enough for them to find to eat off menus. I wish you luck! Try and make them try some new things.. so you don't have a 19 yr old who only eats fish sticks, chicken nuggets, hamburgers and tacos!

On a note, you will find the coffee on board anywhere a VERY subjective subject. If you drink higher end brands of coffee at home, you may not like it much. If you are like me (and it sounds like it!!) you drink SOOOO much coffee a day (12-16 cups for me... yeah I have a problem!) that you buy the most affordable brand there is, then you won't have an issue at all.

I do not ever remember seeing powdered creamer on board anywhere. There is always liquid creamer and milk though. If you like occasional flavors (when it is warm, I am an iced coffee person with syrups) I had no problem on Carnival even bringing one of those big Torani bottles aboard in my carry on. If you do prefer power creamer, I would suggest bringing your own. But if you do, bring it in its original sealed container, and then I would pitch it at the end of the cruise. At least I wouldn't want to go threw Customs and Security with a random white powder :D

Everyone else has given great answers and I'll add to it. My kids are 6 & 14 and VERY picky eaters. Probably more pickier than anyone I've ever met. My 6 year old eats spaghettios, chicken nuggets and oatmeal. That's all the boy puts in his mouth. My 14 year old only eats cereal and spaghetti and pizza. I don't know where they get it from (me, lol) but they always find something on the ship to eat and end up happy.

• 3 weeks later...