Cash on Princess Cays?

Hydro ergo

Hi All,

Stopping in Princess Cays in a couple weeks...I understand this is a private island and it sounds like "everything" is included (lounge chairs, buffet lunch) other than alcoholic beverages (which can be purchased with your cruise card). Is there anything that I might need to have cash for? I wasn't sure what the setup was like as I haven't stopped at one of these private island ports before. Always want to be prepared! :cool:

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back! Didn't necessarily need cash. I don't drink, so that wasn't an issue. But yes, you would need your cruise card for alcohol purchases. Lunch is included, and yummy! There were some local souvenirs that you would have needed case for. Very safe. Lovely beach day!

• 2 weeks later...

The local market is unaffiliated with the cruise line, so you'd need cash if you wanted to shop there. T-shirts $5 versus the cruise line price in the official Princess/Carnival shops. When you get off the tender, the local market is just behind the fence there - they have a guard checking IDs. Very small - 2 small strips of shops plus a general-store type building.

Other than that, everything is a part of the cruise line, so shopping, rentals, and drinks would go on your cruise card.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All,

Stopping in Princess Cays in a couple weeks...I understand this is a private island and it sounds like "everything" is included (lounge chairs, buffet lunch) other than alcoholic beverages (which can be purchased with your cruise card). Is there anything that I might need to have cash for? I wasn't sure what the setup was like as I haven't stopped at one of these private island ports before. Always want to be prepared! :cool:

Thanks!

Were you on a Carnival ship or a Princess ship?

Went to princess cay last week for the first time on Carnival. I thought it was horrible. The rocks and boulders in the water were dangerous because you couldn’t see them. I am 6’4 and was trying to walk out into the water to catch up with my kids and kept running into huge under water rocks. Banging my knee or toe into them. Then when I tried to get out of the water I thought I was going to break my leg you have to walk over a floor of rocks. Then without warning you take a step and your foot drops 2 feet down onto jagged rocks then I would fall forward onto my arms. This happened multiple times just trying to get out of the water. I will never go to this port again. HMC is a million times better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
The local market is unaffiliated with the cruise line, so you'd need cash if you wanted to shop there. T-shirts $5 versus the cruise line price in the official Princess/Carnival shops. When you get off the tender, the local market is just behind the fence there - they have a guard checking IDs. Very small - 2 small strips of shops plus a general-store type building.

Other than that, everything is a part of the cruise line, so shopping, rentals, and drinks would go on your cruise card.

Does the security accept cruise card as ID or does one need carry passport or driiver's license?