Only one TK Reservation allowed on a 21 day cruise?

SLSD

My husband and I are signed up for a 21 day Baltic cruise which is, in reality, a back to back cruise made up of a 14 day cruise followed by a 7 day cruise. My travel agent just informed me that SB will only honor ONE reservation for the TK Grill on this 21 day cruise. My TA doesn't think this is right--and nor do we. Comments?

We spoke to the Seabourn concierge service and were told we could only have one TK reservation in advance in order to ensure that other passengers all had an opportunity to make their reservations. Otherwise, there was a risk that the TK Grill would be fully booked up by a minority of passengers before the cruise had even started. However, we were led to understand that we could make subsequent reservations once onboard.

We had the same issue last year.Once on board we had no problem booking extra nights.They actually called us a few times to see if we wanted to eat there that night.

Don't stress see if you like it and then go from there.

We had the same issue last year.Once on board we had no problem booking extra nights.They actually called us a few times to see if we wanted to eat there that night.

This. There was one gentleman sailing from Sydney to Dubai (at least 3 sectors back-to-back) who dined at the TK Grill every night. The rules they publish and those that apply seemed to be very different.

Thanks everyone. Very helpful insights. My point is that we have really signed up for two cruises and should be allowed to make two advance reservations. I've the kind of person who likes to have things settled ahead of time, instead of having to queue up for an additional reservation once onboard.

SLSD, I tend to think we all would agree with your stance, however, I also did not have any problem booking TK Grill while on board. The purpose of this post is to let you know that, if you are an early diner (6pm) you could dine most every night. We did this at the beginning of our cruise, but stopped doing this as the meals were inconsistent in their preparation. We had some excellent meals and some not very good...

H

Thanks everyone. Very helpful insights. My point is that we have really signed up for two cruises and should be allowed to make two advance reservations. I've the kind of person who likes to have things settled ahead of time, instead of having to queue up for an additional reservation once onboard.

I doubt you'd have to "queue up". A quick phone call would do the trick. But we prefer not to be over-scheduled and like to decide when and where to dine as the mood takes us and in our experience TK Grill could usually oblige. You are clearly more organised (!) than us and I'm sure you can still enjoy TK Grill without having to book months in advance.

This exact situation annoyed me last summer on our b2b Odyssey cruise. We were told only 1 reservation which I booked in advance for 8:30pm, then once onboard the day of the reservation I received a 6:30pm confirmation note on the suite door. When I advised this was incorrect I was met with a bit of an attitude from Square staff who told me it was impossible to correct the reservation. Somehow it worked out after I insisted. Then my request for a second reservation for week 2 was met with more attitude that TK was fully booked and once again impossible to secure a second reservation. We ended up joining another couple reservation. Meanwhile, other friends mentioned TK Grill staff were canvassing the Obs Lounge begging guests to dine at TK due to cancellations. In the end, it was a lot of wasted effort for an average and oversized hunk of meat 🥩

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on two upcoming Seabourn cruises and the website allowed us to make 3 reservations per cruise. The website should allow you to make them online or call Seabourn for reservations.

How did you manage that? It's clear on the site that you can make one TK reservation per cruise before boarding (it tells you that on the booking site) and I've made it and now I can't make another one. I don't see how you made 3, unless different levels of Seabourn club membership give different benefits.

Edited by rols
spelling

But, we HAVE experienced the TK Grill while on the Encore and liked the ambience. And know, that on a 21 day voyage, we would want to eat there more than once. That's a given. We do not eat sushi, so we will not be taking up space in that restaurant.

Personally I would not allow any booking in advance , some people will book on the chance that they might want to go and then cancel or worse not turn up .others might not know you can book in advance and get on board and find it is totally booked for the whole cruise ( this happened to a friend on SS ).Allowing one booking and then extra on board if there is room seems a good compromise.

As for the 21 day cruise being two consecutive you can book them as separate cruises with different ref and then you could the use two separate referrals but of course it could be more expensive.

The fact you are on back to back cruises means you will have no issues at all once on board. You will be able to organise things on the ground with TK staff before other passengers have arrived.

A little tip, deal directly with the TK staff rather than through the concierge staff in the square. That way TK know you, your preferences and can advise of any openings that appear. There will often be availability early or late in the evening. It's the middle of the evening tables which can't be turned round again that prove hard to find.

Encore and Ovation have relatively more capacity than the smaller ships.

I feel TK very much adds to the Seabourn experience and am a big fan.

Henry :)

The fact that you have one booking reference is why you will get one TK booking.

A back to back is indeed made up of more than one cruise and if you booked the two separate cruises independently of each other you would have two booking references but would have paid much more for your trip

You will have no trouble getting more than one TK booking once you are aboard

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

What about the sushi bar? Is seating there difficult?

Not really. The tables get a little booked up by 8:00. It’s very small, the sushi bar holds about 8, and there’s maybe another 8 tables.

The menu is small, so I only wanted to eat there a few times over a thirty day period.

We will be on the Ovation next February and love sushi so looking forward to that. Also we were just on the Odyssey for 22 days and ate at TK 4 times. One was better than the next! Loved it (especially the chicken--everyone should try that!!);)