Crown Princess dress code

The Wood Duck

Could anyone be so kind as to the expected/actual dress code on formal night. Our cruise is out of Rome for 21 days. We are traveling from Toronto nada and want to limit any unnecessary baggage if possible. Do not want to be the only business casual guy on formal nights either. clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

Could anyone be so kind as to the expected/actual dress code on formal night. Our cruise is out of Rome for 21 days. We are traveling from Toronto nada and want to limit any unnecessary baggage if possible. Do not want to be the only business casual guy on formal nights either. clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

Since your question is cruise line and ship specific you may consider posting on the Princess forum. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

My husband ditched the tux and suit years ago. He now packs one or two dark sports jackets and dress pants, as well as dress shirts and ties for the more formal nights. He fits right in.

All things considered I will likely wear a sports jacket on the plane and pack another two in the suit bag. Problem solved...(y):beer-toast::beer-toast::beer-mug::whiskey-glass::whiskey-glass:

On Princess for formal night I wear a dress shirt and slacks and no jacket. I observed many others doing he same thing.:)

We have only cruised with Princess once but noticed that there were very few men without a jacket. There was no requirement for one, but we just didn't see many men without a jacket. For those who wore a jacket, the vast majority also wore a tie.

We have only cruised with Princess once but noticed that there were very few men without a jacket. There was no requirement for one, but we just didn't see many men without a jacket. For those who wore a jacket, the vast majority also wore a tie.

My experience with Princess as been the opposite. I have witnessed very few ties.:)

My experience with Princess as been the opposite. I have witnessed very few ties.:)

Which probably means we sailed on different cruises. My husband was glad that he brought a jacket, because he was more comfortable after seeing what the general trend was in the dining room.

We were on Princess in October and men wore suits or sports coats with a tie. Some women wore formal dresses, but it is not necessary. I typically wore either a black dress or black pants and a dressy top. For Europe, I try to pack the least possible - maybe 13 pieces that make 30 different outfits, then walking shoes, walking sandals, and 1 pair of sparkly flip flops that can be casual or worn on formal night.

I've cruised Princess many times. I've rocked khakis and a polo in the MDR on dress up night. I may have worn jeans once or twice, can't recall. Not a problem. I felt comfortable, and the food didn't taste any different. And I was able to pack much less. So OP, that checks all the boxes for you. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Which probably means we sailed on different cruises. My husband was glad that he brought a jacket, because he was more comfortable after seeing what the general trend was in the dining room.

I'm sure we have been on different cruises since you said you only cruised Princess once. I have numerous cruises on Princess and all of my experiences are the same.:):)

The Op is sailing out of Rome and is not sailing the more casual Caribbean itineraries.

My one experience from Rome on a 10 or 11 day sail aboard the Crown Princess was that jackets were pretty much the norm. We sailed the Crown Princess in Alaska, and jackets then were pretty much the exception.

The Op is sailing out of Rome and is not sailing the more casual Caribbean itineraries.

My one experience from Rome on a 10 or 11 day sail aboard the Crown Princess was that jackets were pretty much the norm. We sailed the Crown Princess in Alaska, and jackets then were pretty much the exception.

Thanks for the advice, looks like I will take the formal attire. We have business class seats which allow for 2 bags 65 lbs each. The wife is delighted. (y)