Which Denali flight is better?

JP-Cruise

What vendor are these flights with? We booked a flight with Talkeetna Air Taxi. We did the Grand Denali Tour With Glacier Landing. The glacier we landed on served as base camp for climbers attempting to summit the mountain. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life.

What vendor are these flights with? We booked a flight with Talkeetna Air Taxi. We did the Grand Denali Tour With Glacier Landing. The glacier we landed on served as base camp for climbers attempting to summit the mountain. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life.

Thanks for your input ken. I am booking with the princess Denali wilderness lodge so not sure which vendors they use :S. Last November I booked the Denali summit flight. But just yesterday checked the cruise personalizer and just noticed the Denali flightseeing with glacier landing. the description doesn’t say what glacier it lands on. I am hoping it is Ruth glacier. Anyway I am freaking out because there is only one spot left for the Denali flight with the glacier landing tour.

But just wondering, when you went, did this tour still fly near the summit of the mountain? I’ve been reading tons of reviews that say this is the best experience of peoples’ lives. So just wondering if I should cancel the Denali summit tour to do this one.

I’m just worried about what if we can’t land on the glacier due to bad weather

Thanks for your input ken. I am booking with the princess Denali wilderness lodge so not sure which vendors they use :S. Last November I booked the Denali summit flight. But just yesterday checked the cruise personalizer and just noticed the Denali flightseeing with glacier landing. the description doesn’t say what glacier it lands on. I am hoping it is Ruth glacier. Anyway I am freaking out because there is only one spot left for the Denali flight with the glacier landing tour.

But just wondering, when you went, did this tour still fly near the summit of the mountain? I’ve been reading tons of reviews that say this is the best experience of peoples’ lives. So just wondering if I should cancel the Denali summit tour to do this one.

Here are the links to the two tours of you want to look at them for the information

https://www.princesslodges.com/excursions/denali-mk-glacier-landing/

https://www.princesslodges.com/excursions/denali-summit-flight-tour/

The tour we did was supposed to circle the summit. Our pilot told us the north side was cloudy and that we would be disappointed if we went there. She extended our flight on the south side. The tour didn't specify which glacier we would land on. I think the pilot made that decision just prior to our flight.

Thanks. So you think I should do the glacier landing instead of the summit flight?

The glacier landing was really special, maybe just because it was at base camp. I was really looking forward to circumnavigating the summit. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to do it but the glacier landing was just so surreal I think that it made up for it. We still got to fly close to the summit, we just didn't get to circle it.