Is a 9:30am Flight Too Early After Cruise

Tomnsgirl

Hello,

Is a 9:30am Flight out of Miami too early if we do self walk off. We will be on Carnival Glory which sails out of Miami, my cousin thinks it is too risky because Carnival rep said book the return flight after noon. Any and all suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks

Even though your documents say that the ship docks at 7 AM, that does not mean you can get right off the ship.

First it has to be cleared by the local authorities.

9:30 flight -- no way would I want to be that stressed trying to wait in line for the ship to be cleared and then hauling everything off myself. Hopefully your ship isn't late back to Miami.

Remember that you still have to check your luggage at the airport and go through security.

Do as your cousin and Carnival say -- book your flight after Noon.

Hello,

Is a 9:30am Flight out of Miami too early if we do self walk off. We will be on Carnival Glory which sails out of Miami, my cousin thinks it is too risky because Carnival rep said book the return flight after noon. Any and all suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks

For once, your cousin is correct. But, you already knew the answer (isn't common sense wonderful?).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm fairly experienced with traveling and hardly ever get stressed by it. The earliest plane I've ever booked out of Miami was 11AM. I have arrived at the airport before 8AM when it is almost desterted, and actually got switched to an 8:30AM flight once!

But here's my circumstances: I can do walk off Diamond, meaning I can be one of the first 20 or so off the ship. I only have one small 21" piece of luggage with me, so I can move quickly and don't have to check bags at the airport. I have both TSA pre check and Global Entry, although I've rarely used those dedicated lines that early in the morning since there weren't any lines in front of me.

If I wouldn't book a 9:30AM flight, perhaps others with fewer travel advantages may not want to either.

Our trip home is always 3 flights so early is essential, not a choice. Last Sunday we were off the Eclipse (walk off started moving at 7:15) and at the airport at 0800. We also had to make an early flight at EWR from Cape Liberty and were there at 0830. Not my favorite thing to rush off but we have made those flights on those specific days.

We take the 9:55 flight from FLL to MDW and have no problem. We self disembark with our carryons before 7:30 and arrive at the airport by 8:00. We have TSA and arrive at the gate by 8:30. Since we fly SW we take the chance knowing there is no cancellation charge and my DH is an A-preferred member. So far it’s worked for us since FLL is so close to the port and there are so many taxis waiting for passengers.

We take the 9:55 flight from FLL to MDW and have no problem. We self disembark with our carryons before 7:30 and arrive at the airport by 8:00. We have TSA and arrive at the gate by 8:30. Since we fly SW we take the chance knowing there is no cancellation charge and my DH is an A-preferred member. So far it’s worked for us since FLL is so close to the port and there are so many taxis waiting for passengers.

The OP is talking about Port Miami and MIA, not Ft Lauderdale. There is a difference in the times and processes.