Trip Report-NCL Jewel Transpacific 2018

ROCruiser

For those who are interested. I have posted a trip report on our transpacific cruise with NCL Jewel on my blog. The Asia portion is done, starting on this page here. Ports included Yokohama, Aomori, Hakodate, Otaru, and Petropavlovsk. Still working on the Alaska portion of this cruise. Hopefully this report will help those who will be traveling to this part of the world.

Happy cruising!

For those who are interested. I have posted a trip report on our transpacific cruise with NCL Jewel on my blog. The Asia portion is done, starting on this page here. Ports included Yokohama, Aomori, Hakodate, Otaru, and Petropavlovsk. Still working on the Alaska portion of this cruise. Hopefully this report will help those who will be traveling to this part of the world.

Happy cruising!

Happened to recognize your name this afternoon and began reading your blog on the JEWEL.

Brought back memories when my husband and I stayed at the Yokohama Grand Intercontinental Hotel a couple years ago and also of the JEWEL and can vouch for Steven....when you disembarked in Seattle we embarked for the 9 day Alaska cruise.

Looking forward to reading the ending of your cruise.

Happened to recognize your name this afternoon and began reading your blog on the JEWEL.

Brought back memories when my husband and I stayed at the Yokohama Grand Intercontinental Hotel a couple years ago and also of the JEWEL and can vouch for Steven....when you disembarked in Seattle we embarked for the 9 day Alaska cruise.

Looking forward to reading the ending of your cruise.

Hi, paiagirl, will you be writing a review? Would love to read your comments!

Thank you for reading! Still working on the rest of the report.

Hi, paiagirl, will you be writing a review? Would love to read your comments!

Thank you for reading! Still working on the rest of the report.

Hello, yes I did write a review. I gave embarkation a poor marking because it was awful. The dock employees were so very unorganized, not like previous Seattle embarkations or other embarkation ports.

Other than that, Steven and the people under his commend and the beauty of Alaska made this the best Alaskan cruise out of the 5 Alaska cruises we've taken.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=623037

You got some really neat photos there, paiagirl! I think I need a new camera. LOL!

I also saw someone being turned away at Tsar. He was kindly told that he needed to have shirt with collar to get in.

I was really happy that the Jewel stopped at Icy Strait Point, our first time there. It is now my favorite port in Alaska. We saw so many whales and bald eagles there just walking along the shore between the pier and Hoonah.

Thanks for the review!

BTW, the awful embarkation for your cruise probably was caused by the delays of getting people off the ship when we disembarked. Rumor has it that our ship was docked the wrong way, causing the unloading of luggage for pick-up at the pier in opposite orders. Those who got off the ship at earlier time slot had to wait for their luggage to be unloaded and the luggage already waiting in port had no one picking them up. Probably causing the dock people having no place to hold luggage for people who are embarking on that day. Not sure if I make sense but that was what I heard. We were fortunate that ours were in the priority pile so we were able to grab them and got out.

BTW, the awful embarkation for your cruise probably was caused by the delays of getting people off the ship when we disembarked. Rumor has it that our ship was docked the wrong way, causing the unloading of luggage for pick-up at the pier in opposite orders. Those who got off the ship at earlier time slot had to wait for their luggage to be unloaded and the luggage already waiting in port had no one picking them up. Probably causing the dock people having no place to hold luggage for people who are embarking on that day. Not sure if I make sense but that was what I heard. We were fortunate that ours were in the priority pile so we were able to grab them and got out.

Thank you for the explanation. No wonder the dock workers looked so confused.

We had dinner with Steven one evening and he was telling us about the new ports that they went to. For the Russian port, NCL had all the passports in order but when the Russians came, they dumped the passports on the table making it difficult for the staff to reorganize it.

Thank you for the explanation. No wonder the dock workers looked so confused.

We had dinner with Steven one evening and he was telling us about the new ports that they went to. For the Russian port, NCL had all the passports in order but when the Russians came, they dumped the passports on the table making it difficult for the staff to reorganize it.

No wonder we heard they were having problems locating passports for quite a few people when we were getting off in Petropavlovsk. :')