coffee table in cabin

Odd question for you. My dad is legally blind and I noticed cabins will usually have a small coffee table. Maybe it depends on the category type? We have an oceanview cabin reserved on Grandeur next month. I wanted to ask about having the table removed so that we don't risk my dad hitting it or falling over it. He can see just a little bit but he doesn't use a cane or anything.

Do we just ask the room steward to remove it or should be make arrangements beforehand? Or maybe someone can confirm the oceanview cabins on grandeur don't have coffee tables :-) Thanks in advance.

Odd question for you. My dad is legally blind and I noticed cabins will usually have a small coffee table. Maybe it depends on the category type? We have an oceanview cabin reserved on Grandeur next month. I wanted to ask about having the table removed so that we don't risk my dad hitting it or falling over it. He can see just a little bit but he doesn't use a cane or anything.

Do we just ask the room steward to remove it or should be make arrangements beforehand? Or maybe someone can confirm the oceanview cabins on grandeur don't have coffee tables :-) Thanks in advance.

You cannot make arrangements in advance. We just put ours upside down in the closet. If that does not work for you, ask the stateroom attendant to remove it.

absolutely no problem 99% of the time getting unwanted things removed.

be advised that there is a step up into the bathrooms and in the middle of the night... watch out!

• 2 weeks later...
We have always asked our room steward to remove the table for us and have never had a problem.

Usually there is no problem but the last time Cabin attendant made us stow it in the closet taking up valuable shoe storage and long item hanging space! Go Figure!

Usually there is no problem but the last time Cabin attendant made us stow it in the closet taking up valuable shoe storage and long item hanging space! Go Figure!

My DS is confined to a wheelchair and we always ask for the coffee table to be removed from the cabin. Out of 11 cruises we have only had 1 cabin steward refuse to move the table. We spoke to his supervisor and the table was soon removed.

Interesting :confused: Would that be a fire/safety issue in the hallway?

I've never seen a table left out there. :o

Surprised no one has mentioned that wheelchairs/scooter will have problems getting passed the table especailly if the struggle to get pass dirty dishes on trays left outside cabins https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2653421 :evilsmile: