ALLURE: Upsell/Upgrade to JS -- do I get access to Coastal Kitchen?

Just got the phone call (and pulled the trigger) to upgrade our oceanview balcony to a Junior Suite. The leading suite on the starboard side hump (8636) was available for CAD$730 so I jumped on it.

I know we do not get the double C&A points because it isn't a full-fare suite. However, does anyone know if we will have access to the Coastal Kitchen? Seems like a much better dining experience than the MDR...

Junior suites do get the double points,

Typically, yes. I did ask the agent directly about that, though. Since this suite is heavily discounted, we do not get the double points for this cruise.

Thanks all for the affirmations. I'm thinking it'll be Coastal Kitchen for dinner most nights, if I can convince my wife and daughter!

Typically, yes. I did ask the agent directly about that, though. Since this suite is heavily discounted, we do not get the double points for this cruise.

Thanks all for the affirmations. I'm thinking it'll be Coastal Kitchen for dinner most nights, if I can convince my wife and daughter!

Why not...it is my understanding that if you PAY for the upgrade, hence UPSELL, that you get the points...I would call and double check/

Why not...it is my understanding that if you PAY for the upgrade, hence UPSELL, that you get the points...I would call and double check/

Royal changed the rules a while back. Now you don't get the extra points unless you pay the going rate for the upgrade. A reduced price upgrade does not quality for extra points.