walking distance around ALLURE

calbar

The walking track is on the Promenade deck, correct? There is no jogging track on the upper deck right? And there is no jogging on the walking track....right?

So no jogging-unless your in the gym:D?

Its on the Promenade Deck, deck 5. There's no jogging on the top deck. There is a lane for joggers and a lane for walkers.

Edited by Pichu96

does anyone know the distance around ALLURES walking track,need to know how many times i have to walk it to keep the pounds off LMAO:D

1 lap - 2197 ft

1 mile - 2.4 laps

2 miles - 4.8 laps

3 miles - 7.2 laps

4 miles - 9.6 laps

5 miles - 12 laps

I just got off this morning and these are the numbers. But like everyone says, you walk A LOT. I drink a lot of beer when I'm onboard, and I gained 7lbs. Typically I gain 11.

• 6 years later...

Am I the only one who gains weight on Oasis class ships despite the normal

walking around the ship, walking around the track several laps a day and going to the gym? What am I doing wrong? I only have one cocktail a day and I avoid the buffets as much as possible. What is everyone’s secret to weight loss on a cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

walking around the ship, walking around the track several laps a day and going to the gym? What am I doing wrong? I only have one cocktail a day and I avoid the buffets as much as possible. What is everyone’s secret to weight loss on a cruise?

It's probably something as simple as having a different daily diet than those who lose weight. I tend to stay pretty steady, while my wife drops a pound or two. The difference is that she's a snacker while I'm not. It could be something similar with you, or it could be that you normally eat smaller portions or just less calorically dense meals.

If you lose the weight within a week or so it's likely just water retention due to the high salt content of cruise ship food. That's a common thing.

Walk a mile BEFORE you eat. Eat low to no carbs at dinner. NO potatoes or rice at dinner. Vegetable carbs are great.

I have heard that people retain water weight causing weight gain due to the desalination of the water...I have no experience in this just restating what I have read.

Happens to my wife's ankles if she drinks too much of the ship's water.

It's the salt in the food.

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/high-sodium-water-retention-7494.html

Your body tries to maintain a sodium/water concentration outside cell walls that's approximately the same as sea water. When you consume sodium, your body holds on to water to maintain the right ratio. Consuming 400 milligrams of sodium, the amount in a single gram of table salt, causes your body to retain an extra 4 cups of water, which equals roughly 2 pounds. Drinking more water flushes out the extra sodium, returning water levels to normal.