Made a video dedicated to our Scotland trip!

knotheadusc

• 1 month later...

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with this line (lovely video). My husband and I are thinking about going on this cruise line, have sailed with Seabourn, HAL etc. I'm concerned that it might be a bit 'stuffy', reticent etc. One thing I've enjoyed about all other cruises is that it is real easy to have a conversation and chat with everyone. I would rather not worry about weather I'm using the right fork etc. Thanks in advance for your input.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this. I was actually in Italy when you posted this, about to go on SeaDream I. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I enjoyed making it.

Let me just say that we had a wonderful time on our back to back cruise. Are the Brits a little more formal? Yes... they kind of are. But we didn't run into any snobs and generally speaking, you are seated at two top tables, so no one will notice or care if you use the wrong fork. There were a few folks who seemed a little stuffy, but the vast majority of people we ran into were really nice and friendly... and very genuine. If you're curious about Hebridean, I would encourage you to ask questions. We would book with them again in a heartbeat.

I actually came back here tonight to post this video I took on the last night of our back to back cruise... It's the haggis ceremony. It's a little shaky... sorry!

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Knothead,

Thank you so much for posting the video! I took me back to my time on the Hebridean Princess! Well they gave everyone at the table a tot of whiskey, and two of the people did not drink, so I ended up with 3 glasses!

I am so glad you enjoyed you cruises. The ship has a special place for me.

Hi there, Talisker92...

I want to thank you for posting your trip report, because that really helped convinced me to go on the trip. We had a marvelous time. I have to say, that trip to Scotland was a real game changer that let me know there are lots of cruise lines out there waiting to be discovered and experienced.

But I would love to do another Princess trip someday if circumstances allow it. It was an unforgettable and wonderful trip.

Archived