Burgers for free?

On ships with Johnny Rockets, are there places to get a burger for free? Also, what do they serve for breakfast at Johnny Rockets?

We had breakfast at JR on Allure. They had american style breakfast items such as eggs, waffles etc, I had some really nice french toast, it is complimentary on Oasis class for breakfast, I think it was $7.99 cover for lunch and dinner.

Fun fact- I was watching a show, I think it was Megafoods, where they showed all about the food process in I think it was Oasis. It showed them making burger patties, and it REALLY sounded like the same patties went everywhere on the ship... that Johnny Rockets has the exact same base patties as windjammer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fun fact- I was watching a show, I think it was Megafoods, where they showed all about the food process in I think it was Oasis. It showed them making burger patties, and it REALLY sounded like the same patties went everywhere on the ship... that Johnny Rockets has the exact same base patties as windjammer!

I saw that as well. JR’s were slightly larger and then of course were cooked to order instead of sitting in a tray.

I’m sure they do. Johnny Rockets isn’t anything special even on land. It’s a good quick service burger. They may be better than the MDR and WJ simply in how they are prepared.

Remember, almost every terrible dish on a cruise (and sadly, there are MANY) are the result of poor preparation, not poor ingredients.

Hi :)

Johnny Rockets on Anthem is à la carte.

I'll drop the menu below.

2epix06_zps67lgodjb.jpg

:)

I’m curious as to how current this is. With the recent price increases on all the other ships at JR’s it would really surprise me if these were still the prices on Anthem. The same basic meal consisting of a burger, side and drink on Anthem would be $5.50 vs $9.95 on other ships. I can’t see Royal doing that.

I’m curious as to how current this is. With the recent price increases on all the other ships at JR’s it would really surprise me if these were still the prices on Anthem. The same basic meal consisting of a burger, side and drink on Anthem would be $5.50 vs $9.95 on other ships. I can’t see Royal doing that.

Hi Ken :)

Johnny Rockets is currently still à la carte on Anthem.

No change yet.

:)

I understand the dining room has a good burger for lunch; have never tried one but the reviews here have been good. :)

I can vouch for that. They use the same patties that are used at JR but without the cover charge. The MDR burger with a tutti salad may be the best lunch onboard.

They used to be really good. Now, not so much.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Regarding Burgers in the WJ, on Adventure in San Juan in April, 2017 they were obviously containing soy. Ok, just not great.

April 2018 on Jewel, same home port, they were all-beef, as far as I can tell, a little better still ok.

I saw that as well. JR’s were slightly larger and then of course were cooked to order instead of sitting in a tray.

This is the key to any burger, fast food or in home or on board. Cooking to order and not sitting around, eating ASAP. That and the fat ratio. Never buy those preformed Prime beef patties, they are totally flavorless. I always get the 70% meat to fat. Yum!

I think the best burgers were room service, but now you must pay for them...but they were great the last time we did them.

Do not hesitate to ask for a fresh cooked patti in WJ. Instead of the ones that have sat a while. They will cook you a fresh one if you ask.

that Johnny Rockets has the exact same base patties as windjammer!

Unless things have drastically changed in three years, there is NO way that mystery meat pattie in the WJ floating in the vat of grease at lunch is the same burger you get at JRs. Nope, Im just not gonna believe that until I see it with my own eyes. I sincerely hope they have improved the WJ burger served during lunch though. It was terrible.

We were on Athem in May of this year the prices shown above are correct. JR has a special, you get any burger, fries or rings, and a soda for the special price of $5.00 so you save $.50

We found the pricing very reasonable and ate there a few times.... It was much less expensive than the ones that charge the flat rate....

Unless things have drastically changed in three years, there is NO way that mystery meat pattie in the WJ floating in the vat of grease at lunch is the same burger you get at JRs. Nope, Im just not gonna believe that until I see it with my own eyes. I sincerely hope they have improved the WJ burger served during lunch though. It was terrible.

I agree with you - no way are they the same.

We've always found the burgers they serve in the Windjammer on an evening to be excellent far superior to the normal lunchtime ones.

Interesting. I'll have to try the evening burgers.

I've never cared for the lunch burgers.

I think the best burgers were room service, but now you must pay for them...but they were great the last time we did them.

Was this the "Royal Burger"?

Surprised me how delicious it was, nom nom :D...

Description from the (suite) room service menu:

The Royal Burger

8 oz Prime Wagyu beef, crispy bacon, aged cheddar, carmelized onions, toasted bun

Came with good fries and small dishes of condiments (mustard, ketchup, mayo, etc.) so you could add what you want.

Room service was free in a suite, but I would pay for these - and since the room service charge is per order, not per item - might as well add some chocolate cake with caramel sauce and maybe a piece of NY cheesecake too lol :D