Coffee Makers in Grand Suites?

they suck. it is a single cup maker and the provided tea bag style pods are for a 4 cup coffee maker. so unless you want REAAAAAAALLLLY strong coffee, bring your own .

what ship? I had heard a rumor that Keurigs were being placed on some ships. so you might luck out and the K cups are single strength.

Good to hear, thanks everyone! My friend who will be cruising with me always has to have coffee before she goes to bed (weird, I know) and with the coffee place on Jewel closing at 11pm, at least she'll be able to make her own!

they suck. it is a single cup maker and the provided tea bag style pods are for a 4 cup coffee maker. so unless you want REAAAAAAALLLLY strong coffee, bring your own .

what ship? I had heard a rumor that Keurigs were being placed on some ships. so you might luck out and the K cups are single strength.

We've actually seen more than once smaller pods that are actually for one cup. While it's still common to see the larger pods you talk about, it's interesting to see the smaller ones.

It's also interesting to see that there are new coffee makers- which are 100% designed for the smaller pod. And we've sailed with the large pods and the tiny maker- which makes a big mess.

Which is partially why we bring some travel coffee making stuff, so one can use the pot to boil water and pour it over whatever device you find.

(and we prefer the large pod coffee in a single cup- love strong coffee :))

I am another one that is no fan of the awful coffee makers in the suites. :(

I love getting up before the DH, taking our coffee mugs to the CL/DL/SL to fill them up (I fill up the paper cups at the machine, then transfer to the mugs). Then waking up Mr. Sleepy head with a fresh brew.

If I did not want to leave the cabin, I would simply have coffee set for delivery from room service (still free for that service...but please tip your delivery person). :cool: