Harmony boardwalk balcony with soda pkg?

So, I will be on the Harmony in August with my family. Since two of the cabins are Boardwalk balconies, four of us will have the soda package comped to us.

My question is this... If I wanted to upgrade my soda package to one of the beverage packages, will Royal Credit me the difference? It doesn't really make sense to pay for a whole beverage package if I'm already getting the soda included with my booking.

I'm not holding my breath or anything... But, if Royal has been known to do this, I'd like a piece of that action!

Thanks,

Annette~

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick responses... Any luck transferring the pkg to someone else? Seems kinda silly to "pay for it twice!"

While you can’t transfer it you can give someone else your cup. The cup can be used at the Freestyle machines. They just won’t be able to walk up to a bar and get a soda as they won’t have the sticker on their card.

While you can’t transfer it you can give someone else your cup. The cup can be used at the Freestyle machines. They just won’t be able to walk up to a bar and get a soda as they won’t have the sticker on their card.
Thank you... Duh... Why didn't I think of that?

For what it's worth, I called c&a who confirmed the info reported here. She did suggest, however, that since I am a diamond c&a member, it might be worth stopping at first relations once on board to see if there was anything they could do...

We'll see how I'm feeling.... May just go with the cup swap idea!

Annette~

It's only sharing if both of you are using it.... I was planning on buying an additional pkg... Hence the vein of this thread.

Yep sharing your package is always a good idea!(y)

I too thought it pretty bad that you couldn't get some sort of credit for that package if upgrading to another. We booked two cabins with the perk, and neither want just the soda package. Not sure though if the kids in the other cabin will just pay for other drinks as they go along, or buy the refreshment package. Just silly to have to pay for the soda portion twice. Even a small credit could have been provided, since they basically are no longer giving you the perk, or perhaps they could have provided a different perk if you wanted instead.