Ship Models Purchased On-board “Post Pictures of Your Collection”

rsjc

Would love to see other collections of the same type.

I have an almost complete collection of every ship I've cruised. The first cruise we took was back in 1995 on the Commodore Cruise Line. I have never seen one of that ship. Not sure they were even made. I do have an aftermarket but not the same. No biggie.

These ships can only be purchased on-board. I do see them on E-Bay quite regularly if you miss getting one on the ship. Done that before and even had a fellow Cruise Critic person purchased one for myself that was sold out when I cruised (Grand Princess).

2012-07-29_19-09-36_412.jpg

Edited by rsjc
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello All! I hope you have all had a Happy New Year... :) Just wanted to let you know I have a coworker who has a new ship model of the Carnival Holiday he has put on eBay... The Holiday is hard to find - Thankfully I already have mine! However, if you or anyone you know of is interested, the link is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141529579249?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got off HAL Ryndam today and was hoping to get the model of her. They had Zero on hand. Does anyone have one they would like to sell? It's the only ship i am missing from my collection of ships i've been on.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Any chance that someone could help me out in getting a Ruby Princess cruise ship model in the next year or so? I have just booked a cruise for my wife and I in April of 2017 to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We were hoping to take a cruise for our honeymoon but being college students we quickly found out we couldn't afford to do so. This will be my way of making up for that! I am going to surprise her with in on Christmas Day 2016 and was hoping to have a model ship of the RUby Princess to be able to give her!

I have searched the internet but come up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MIke

Wow! Nice collection! I never bought any before but now, I want to start my own. Around how much will the average RCI cruise model cost?

I've been on Grandeur OTS before but didn't purchase one. I hope I can find one on eBay as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I too had never seen these before (my first two an only cruises were in 2003 and 2004), didn't know anything about them. Now I want in! About how much do they cost on board? Will be on the Carnival Pride in February.

I still have the receipt for my Carnival Liberty model that I purchased on our cruise in September. It was $32.95.

• 1 month later...

Here's my collection:

P&O Himalaya (1962)

Majesty of the Seas (1993)

Disney Wonder (2001)

Celebrity Millennium (2004)

Argosy Spirit of Seattle (2005)

Carnival Conquest (2006)

Viking Century Sun (2007)

HAL Volendam (2008)

Star Princess (2009)

Coral Princess (2009)

Diamond Princess (2011)

Explorer of the Seas (2012)

Royal Princess (2015)

shipmodelsc.jpg.b72671289812f6571734d1b46dd64047.jpg

• 2 months later...

I honestly thought I was the only one! I am a little more seasoned cruiser than my Fiancée and I am a model fanatic. We went on the Liberty OTS together 2 weeks ago and she did not understand why the second we left port I insisted we go to the gift shop to get a model liberty. My first model I bought was on the Freedom OTS in 2009. I dug and dug and found it in my old closet at my parents house. So I bought a Liberty model on board (they are identical despite the recent changes to the liberty but thats ok!).

I also sailed on the Majesty in 1999 as a younger child, but I have a few memories of that ship. As luck would have it, I found a Majesty OTS model on Ebay for $40 last week once we returned and it will be on my doorstep today.

My Fiancée and I booked a Junior Suite (with a 120 sq ft balcony!!) on the Allure OTS for our Honeymoon in January and I'm so excited to get that model! Well, I'm excited for the cruise too..lol. I may invest In one of those bigger scale models that are custom built, to remember the occasion, as well. This will be my first time in a room with a balcony (we did have a window in the Majesty but I was so young I didn't know any different.)

I love cars, boats, planes, and especially trucks, and I have models of all the vehicles I've owned. I think being able to hold them in your hands in the best way to remember all the amazing experiences had during your time. Glad I found this thread. All of my models are between my house and my parents so once I wrangle them up I will post a pic.

• 3 weeks later...

I love collecting them as well! I have:

HAL: Oosterdam, Westerdam, Amsterdam, Maasdam, Zaandam

Princess: Star, Grand, Golden, Coral, Royal (old one like the current Pacific Princess), Emerald, Ruby, Crown, Sapphire

NCL: Pride of America, Star

RCL: Splendour of the Seas

Cunard: QE2, QV

P&0: Azura

P&O: Pacific Dawn

Regent: Seven Seas Navigator

Carnival: Dream

Celebrity: Century

• 1 month later...
Man this makes me with u would have got them for all our cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was just thinking the same thing, but I do have a shot glass collection from different states and islands, so that will have to do! :D