Kangaroo boxing?

laurieb

For some reason I thought you lived in Canberra? But a school in NSW on a hundred unfenced acres???? Wow how wonderful. Who owns the land?

The school, in ten years they’ve gone from 65 students to over 1000. And from a two room rented building to the current site that includes campuses for kids with special needs, girls who got pregnant and left school then returned, a trade centre, a football oval that the local Rugby team uses on a weekend. The local council has approached them about an indoor pool complex. It’s been an interesting ride.

The school, in ten years they’ve gone from 65 students to over 1000. And from a two room rented building to the current site that includes campuses for kids with special needs, girls who got pregnant and left school then returned, a trade centre, a football oval that the local Rugby team uses on a weekend. The local council has approached them about an indoor pool complex. It’s been an interesting ride.

That certainly does sound interesting.

Thank you for the kind words sailco :)

I couldn’t agree more about our community - I’ve been thrilled to be part of these boards for so many years, first on our sister site Independent Traveler, but I always sort of popping in here, wayyyyy back in our earliest days in the ‘90s!

I felt so fortunate to simply BE in Australia (NZ same trip) and so it’s sort of the gift that keeps on giving to learn that I’d had a rare treat seeing what I saw among the Roos. I was too thrilled to just simply be among them in this wondrous place.

These are the wonderful things that can and do happen when we go places. By showing up, often without anything more than basic expectations (or none) we get the opportunities to witness something truly amazing. I’ve had some wonderful experiences in amazing places (the opportunity to attend the full, closed rehearsal of Luciano Pavarotti & a stellar guest list of singing talent in Modena, Italy!) but never did I know in advance any of these things would occur. Oh and the rehearsal was free :D The experience was priceless, of course.

You just never know, so you just have to go :cool:

• 2 weeks later...