Aft cabin on Sirena

anickat

Does one of you have sailed in the aft cabin 7116 or 7121 on the Sirena ?

Or 8066 or 8069

I am afraid of vibration.

Not really to seasickness. It is the cruise between Tahiti and Hawaii to also Angeles.

Thank you

I can't speak to Sirena, but we've done aft cabin (deck 6) B1s ... now A2s ... on Nautica and Insignia. Yes, there is vibration, and yes, you will notice the ship's movement. Neither bothers us, and the extended veranda is worth it to me. We are currently on the RTW in 6090 and loving every minute of it. The Pacific, contrary to its name, can be a wild ride. We left San Diego on the 21st, and a good number of the days on the crossing have had 12-15 foot waves. We are experiencing the same now on our way to Nuku Hiva.

Just off Sirena last week.21 days in cabin 6078 no problem,L.A. to Hawaii a little rough the first 3 days but that was to be expected. We always take the Aft B2 or A3 category on the R ships. The food in the GDR was absolutely fantastic. The shows performed by the new 6 person group was fabulous.

I got off the Sirena yesterday in Tahiti. I was in cabin 6075, about 6 cabins away from the end. There was some vibration, but not to cause discomfort. The only time I felt about vibration was when they engage the thrusters when docking or pushing away from the dock, and it happened during our sailaway from PPT which was 5 am and I was in bed.

• 1 year later...
Apologies for typo. meant 7116.

Did your balcony have sun beds on it as well as chairs/table? The sunbed option, would be worth paying the extra concierge rate, as the other offers aren't that worthwhile. Though I haven't tried out the private spa sun terrace area, so any info on that would be welcome.

I was right under your cabin in aft 6093 in May 2017 Papeete-Hawaii-LA and was also worried about vibration as I'm overly sensitive to that kind of thing. It did not bother me at all. If anything the gentle vibration at night lulled us to sleep much like a white noise machine. I would book it again in a heartbeat if I could. We requested loungers from our cabin attendants and it was no problem but tipped them extra for dragging them to the cabin.

We were moved from our conciege cabin on deck 7 because it was infested with bed bugs and fleas last year on a cruise to french polynesia!, we were moved to 7121 at the back of the ship and my wife had to clean the balcony as it was filthy! and looked as it had not been occupied for a while, after this we enjoyed the cabin and the balcony sitting out watching the world go by, there was an occasional issue with soot from the funnels but still enjoyed the views.

Deck 6 owners suite on Regatta Vancouver to San Francisco last year.

Noise and vibration one day (of ten), but it was the long sea day heading back south and did get tedious.

No sign of soot ever and the deck furniture was clean. I’d go out on the deck in socks and they were fine. The view was spectacular. Much better than a side view.

Further to post 11 we were on the Sirena, and re the balcony I think there were two chairs and a table, I do not remember anything to lie down on.The cabin stewardess took the chairs away and cleaned them with a special solution to remove the grime.

Did your balcony have sun beds on it as well as chairs/table? The sunbed option, would be worth paying the extra concierge rate, as the other offers aren't that worthwhile. Though I haven't tried out the private spa sun terrace area, so any info on that would be welcome.

We were in 7116 on the Sirena in May and there were 2 chairs and a table and we had a great time! We love the views out the back when we book one of the aft facing cabins! We also very much enjoy the 3 bags of free laundry when we book a concierge cabin!