Sirena questions

stevec999

I really wish some of the people who describe themselves as "not small" would say how BIG they actually are before asking if the shower and bathroom are "big enough."

I'm a 5'7 200+ pound woman. Big enough. Actually my hubby and I could have showered together and their still would have been room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Wow! I thought the shower was "big enough" but I definitely wouldn't want to share it with my husband. And both of us are smaller folks...But after the baths on the O-class ships, we have definitely become spoiled. It's mostly about expectations I think...had an old professor who said that "expectations are inelastic downward"...;)

• 1 month later...

I am unable to find a thread about the spa 'department' on Sirena. The Oceania brochures indicate that one can purchase a 'day pass' for the spa facilities. Does anyone know the price of this, and indeed, what would be included with this add on. Apparently there is a salt water therapy pool and maybe a private lounging area? A sauna and/or steam room? Thanks in advance. We are sailing 5/20 Miami/Cuba/Miami

I am unable to find a thread about the spa 'department' on Sirena. The Oceania brochures indicate that one can purchase a 'day pass' for the spa facilities. Does anyone know the price of this, and indeed, what would be included with this add on. Apparently there is a salt water therapy pool and maybe a private lounging area? A sauna and/or steam room? Thanks in advance. We are sailing 5/20 Miami/Cuba/Miami

Alas, this information is not readily available Online because almost everything that you ask falls under the purview of the Spa Manager who varies the cost (and occasionally the features) of the Day Passes in order to keep the Spa as full, or as empty as that manager wants to make it.

Speaking in generalities the Passes cost between $15 and $25 per person per day and grants unlimited access (while the Spa is open for business) to the Spa Terrace, which is where the (salt water) Thalasotherapy pool, really a glorified hot tub, is located.

024449.jpg

Sauna, Steam and locker rooms may be found adjacent to the gymnasium and are available, like the gymnasium, gratis to any passenger.

Thanks for description of 7116, we leave on Insignia Jan 13 for 26 days Bridgetown- Cape Town. Husband will really enjoy the larger balcony and shade. Also heard aft is very nice.

We have done extended balcony on Marina before and enjoyed the extra space. Should probably be room for a lounger as well. :)

Marianne

Alas, this information is not readily available Online because almost everything that you ask falls under the purview of the Spa Manager who varies the cost (and occasionally the features) of the Day Passes in order to keep the Spa as full, or as empty as that manager wants to make it.

Speaking in generalities the Passes cost between $15 and $25 per person per day and grants unlimited access (while the Spa is open for business) to the Spa Terrace, which is where the (salt water) Thalasotherapy pool, really a glorified hot tub, is located.

024449.jpg

Sauna, Steam and locker rooms may be found adjacent to the gymnasium and are available, like the gymnasium, gratis to any passenger.

Many thanks to you for your prompt reply. (not sure this is getting to you, as I can't seem to find the place to 'reply' to your post. Boy am I impaired - can't get spa info, can't find reply.... I'm out of practice, but between now and May will surely check cc boards many more times. Thanks again Stamford! wfhfloyd (NewCanaan)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. We have cabin 6027, a B1 Category on hold. Does anyone have any photos of this room please? According to the deck plans it is a connecting cabin. Also does anyone have any photos of the spa, steam and shower areas as well please? Are the facilities co-ed?

Thank you!

We took out first cruise on Oceania earlier this year and enjoyed it very much(Riviera). Following our TAs advise we booked a B3 and really enjoyed the large veranda.

We are looking to book on the Sirena in a B1,B2 cabin. I can see the cabins on the Sirena are smaller but can't really visualize the difference in size. Also the bathrooms look a lot smaller. I am not a small person and wondered how small the bathrooms really are.

I would appreciate thoughts from people who have sailed both ships.

Basically for the B cabins, the R ships have less space between foot of the bed and wall, smaller bath and there are no extended balconies available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
We just booked an A-1 extended aft cabin 7116 for the Rome to Miami transatlantic in August 2018 on Sirena. I am trying to decide if we should move up to PH 2 or 3 for the extra space which does sound appealing but the larger balcony for the transatlantic might be better. Has anyone sailed in 7116 or the equivalent and if so, can you weigh in? Thank you!

We are on the same transatlantic cruise from Rome to Miami on the Sirena. Booked a B1 cabin on deck 6 (recommended by our travel agent). The cabin is forward ship and was wondering if anyone had any insight on this cabin class please?

Thank you all!

We are on the same transatlantic cruise from Rome to Miami on the Sirena. Booked a B1 cabin on deck 6 (recommended by our travel agent). The cabin is forward ship and was wondering if anyone had any insight on this cabin class please?

Thank you all!

Deck 6 is the lowest superstructure deck on the R ships, and the lowest level on which the cabins offer open verandas.

591-large-3493894fa4ea036cfc6433c3e2ee63b0.jpg

The Blue Line on the hull of the ship runs at the level of the floor of Deck 6.

• Like 1

Just off Sirena in a PH. The new large showers are great, and there are two grab bars. Two towel racks are also within the shower enclosure, so very handy. They are on the opposite end from the shower controls, so the towels don't get wet. Huge amount of storage in the bathroom; we didn't begin to use all of it.

Regarding dining, we had dinner and breakfast in the room on multiple occasions. There is a portable rack which your butler will set up next to the dining table. That holds the big tray he brings with all of your breakfast or dinner items, so the table itself never seems crowded.

Hi all!

Hubby and I are first time cruisers. We are booked into the Concierge level in 7100 for May/June sail Miami/Miami stopping along Mexico, Central America, and Cuba. I am beyond excited for this adventure.

These boards are chock full of great information that I so appreciate. I have a few questions.

Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect from 7100 as a cabin? We wanted a balcony and decided to upgrade from Veranda class. What is the bathroom like on this level? Shower/tub or just shower?

Is there room to eat a meal in this cabin?

Did we make a good choice for a cabin? This is a lot of money for us to spend and I want to make the best choice for this splurge. We are celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary with this cruise!

How many glasses of wine/cocktails/beer do you need to drink a day before the beverage package becomes reasonable? Seems like wine averages $12 a glass? We drink different wine, so a bottle is not a good option. What would a mixed drink cost?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

Scott and Ellen

Holding a PH cabin on Sirena and have a few questions...

Is there a vibration in the aft section? (Other former R ships have this issue.)

Is there noise coming from the Lido above during breakfast hours?

Does the shower have a grab bar?

How comfortable is in-suite dining?

How crowded/full are the shore excursions and buses?

This past summer we were on Sirena in 8056. A PH3. We too were worried about the room when we booked. Primarily because we are used to staying on the O ships on the 10th deck sandwiched between two decks of rooms. No public spaces. But we did not hear a thing. No noise. And any vibrations were very minimal. Our friends in 8054 would say the same thing. I would book that room again.

We are celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary with this cruise!

How many glasses of wine/cocktails/beer do you need to drink a day before the beverage package becomes reasonable? Seems like wine averages $12 a glass? We drink different wine, so a bottle is not a good option. What would a mixed drink cost?

Happy anniversary and welcome to Cruise Critic

Just ballpark numbers. Wine perhaps $12 glass. Highball $7-10 depending on well or call brand. More for top shelf. Cocktails vary but perhaps same as wine. Drink of the day $8 as I recall. All prices plus 18% required tip.

$12*1.18=14. $60/14=4

$8*1.18=9.50. $60/9.50=6

So $12 drink would 4 per day

$8 drink 6 per day

Combination maybe 5 per day

The thrifty would subtract a couple of drinks for the day of the captain's party and the repeater's party if qualified and joining the crowd at Happy Hour for two for the price of one, if you can find a seat for the early evening HH (there could be a late one after show too)

The more "full meal deal" folks would include in their count perhaps an apertif and an after dinner digestif (we often attend the shows late :) )

That's the arithmetic part. As for the decision-making part of course length of cruise, number of port vs. sea days, your drinking preferences, etc

But if you don't want to be concerned about whether or not to have that wine topped up near the end of your meal, or you want to try a new cocktail, or preferred top shelf liquor or just want to relax and be in vacation mode in my opinion you can throw that arithmetic out the window and simply buy, or upgrade to the Prestige beverage package.

And remember that every one in the cabin is free to decide on which, if any package they want to buy. There is no requirement for a package for both.

• Like 1

But if you don't want to be concerned about whether or not to have that wine topped up near the end of your meal, or you want to try a new cocktail, or preferred top shelf liquor or just want to relax and be in vacation mode in my opinion you can throw that arithmetic out the window and simply buy, or upgrade to the Prestige beverage package.

And remember that every one in the cabin is free to decide on which, if any package they want to buy. There is no requirement for a package for both.

Exactly. We opted for the Prestige, not just because it made fiscal sense, we just hate watching our onboard charges increase every day, and I start to feel guilty, even if i've budgeted for it (and I always budget for everything). So it's a cost and a no-guilt thing for us.

Happy anniversary and welcome to Cruise Critic

Just ballpark numbers. Wine perhaps $12 glass. Highball $7-10 depending on well or call brand. More for top shelf. Cocktails vary but perhaps same as wine. Drink of the day $8 as I recall. All prices plus 18% required tip.

$12*1.18=14. $60/14=4

$8*1.18=9.50. $60/9.50=6

So $12 drink would 4 per day

$8 drink 6 per day

Combination maybe 5 per day

The thrifty would subtract a couple of drinks for the day of the captain's party and the repeater's party if qualified and joining the crowd at Happy Hour for two for the price of one, if you can find a seat for the early evening HH (there could be a late one after show too)

The more "full meal deal" folks would include in their count perhaps an apertif and an after dinner digestif (we often attend the shows late :) )

That's the arithmetic part. As for the decision-making part of course length of cruise, number of port vs. sea days, your drinking preferences, etc

Thank you for all that detailed information. It is exactly what we needed to decide to wait and see what we wind up needing. Our cruise is so port intensive, we will wait until the first port of call to see what we need.

Your info was much appreciated!

Scott and Ellen

We usually choose port-intensive cruises, and usually buy a bottle of good local wine to enjoy on our balcony. The wine we purchase ashore is generally better than that offered on the ship, and the ability to bring alcohol aboard Oceania ships is important to us. We love buying interesting Albarino in Spain, or Douro in Portugal and it adds to the experience of the countries we visit. We have also paid the corkage fee for our own bottle in the restaurants - and our local good wines plus corkage fee are often the same price as a less interesting wine purchased aboard.

So you might want to add that into your calculation...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The rooms on Sirena look a lot smaller but in reality they are not that much smaller. In fact, they have more usable storage and better closet design. Don't be fooled by the square footage numbers alone as these include the room and bathroom; most of the larger sq ft on Riviera is in the bathrooms. The bathrooms on Sirena, on the other hand, are much smaller - especiallly the shower.

That said, they are perfectly fine - especially for a port intensive cruise.

I can't find any pictures of the showers on R-class ships. For concierge cabins do they have just a shower or is it a shower/tub combo?

We usually choose port-intensive cruises, and usually buy a bottle of good local wine to enjoy on our balcony. The wine we purchase ashore is generally better than that offered on the ship, and the ability to bring alcohol aboard Oceania ships is important to us. We love buying interesting Albarino in Spain, or Douro in Portugal and it adds to the experience of the countries we visit. We have also paid the corkage fee for our own bottle in the restaurants - and our local good wines plus corkage fee are often the same price as a less interesting wine purchased aboard.

So you might want to add that into your calculation...

Thanks for the suggestion. Scott thinks that is a great idea. :D:D

• 2 months later...
This past summer we were on Sirena in 8056. A PH3. We too were worried about the room when we booked. Primarily because we are used to staying on the O ships on the 10th deck sandwiched between two decks of rooms. No public spaces. But we did not hear a thing. No noise. And any vibrations were very minimal. Our friends in 8054 would say the same thing. I would book that room again.

Great to know as my daughter and I will be in that exact cabin on our sailing this summer from Lisbon to Barcelona.

• 5 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 5:04 AM, CateW said:

We just booked an A-1 extended aft cabin 7116 for the Rome to Miami transatlantic in August 2018 on Sirena. I am trying to decide if we should move up to PH 2 or 3 for the extra space which does sound appealing but the larger balcony for the transatlantic might be better. Has anyone sailed in 7116 or the equivalent and if so, can you weigh in? Thank you!

Hello, we are booked in June on the Sirena #7116 and are contemplating booking a PH instead.  Will you please tell me of your experience?  Thanks so much!