Upgraded AGIAN!!!!!!!!!

poppiecat

I got an email from costa telling me what I got with the upgrade, for the £85 each we got a wellness cabin 8273 with priority boarding,butler,fresh fruit everyday, lunch and dinner served in the cabin, Jacuzzi with towelling bathrobe and slippers, pillow menu, invitation for an exclusive cocktail with the captain,1 bottle of spumante and 1 tray of canapés.

• 3 years later...

3 questions:

1) Is it still true that an upgrade on Costa only gives you the upgraded cabin and not the perks belonging to that class?

2) I was just assigned my cabin. I booked BP guarantee and my assigned cabin is Panoramic Suite. Strange though, I didn't receive an email advising of the upgrade but when I look at the ticket it says category is "PS - MINI SUITE Veranda" and the cabin #. Cabin # is a PS Panoramic Suite on deck plan. Mini Suite code is MS not PS. Shouldn't my ticket category say "PS Panoramic Suite"?

3) I have read in other threads that people have received an email advising that the upgraded Costa Club perks are starting Dec 1, 2017. I thought they were starting sometime mid 2018 (i think April). Is it true that the upgraded Club perks start Dec 1?

Thanks,

Sharon

You're quite right. If you are upgraded to a suite you only get the better cabin. Although we were upgraded to a suite last year and got all the perks including the drinks package. I think it was a fluke though and that they mistakenly gave it to us. Not complaining at all.

Which ship are you on and when are you sailing?

We are on the Luminosa next week and have also been upgraded from premium balcony to a panorama suite aft.We have never been in an aft cabin but it is apparently great for watching plastic bottles in the wake of the ship.

Alicat

New club rules state best available up-grade, also some of the extras have been taken of.

You are now not guaranteed club restaurant dinning that is reserved for Suites only unless there is room, a place select in MDR's will be for the overflow of up-graded guests' & Perla Diamante members.

A.I. packages will now be included to all cabins the grade depending on class on cabin.

See all changes in Costa Club on their site.

You're quite right. If you are upgraded to a suite you only get the better cabin. Although we were upgraded to a suite last year and got all the perks including the drinks package. I think it was a fluke though and that they mistakenly gave it to us. Not complaining at all.

Which ship are you on and when are you sailing?

We are on the Luminosa next week and have also been upgraded from premium balcony to a panorama suite aft.We have never been in an aft cabin but it is apparently great for watching plastic bottles in the wake of the ship.

Alicat

Thanks..

Does your boarding ticket say "PS - MINI SUITE Veranda". Shouldn't it say "PS-Panorama Suite"?

We may be on same cruise. I'm departing December 2 Luminosa from Venice.

Is there a roll call for the departure? I couldn't find one.

We are getting off on 2/12! I am sure it will be a great cruise.

I don't know what our ticket says. Leave that all to hubby to manage. We looked were the cabin is and it is one of the aft corner cabins. Not too bothered about the suite privileges because we get a lot through the loyalty scheme. That is why I cannot get hubby away from Costa.

There are not very many roll calls for Costa because the European crowd does not use CC like people from the USA. It is so easy to do your own thing in the European ports that I have not bothered in the past and to be honest we(hubby more than me) is not the most social people.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise. We'll leave the ship intact for you.

Alicat

I don't know what our ticket says. Leave that all to hubby to manage. We looked were the cabin is and it is one of the aft corner cabins. Not too bothered about the suite privileges because we get a lot through the loyalty scheme. That is why I cannot get hubby away from Costa.

There are not very many roll calls for Costa because the European crowd does not use CC like people from the USA. It is so easy to do your own thing in the European ports that I have not bothered in the past and to be honest we(hubby more than me) is not the most social people.

Alicat

ok thanks. have a great cruise!

my dining room in my online reservation area is listed as the main dining room so i'm assuming that no full upgrade benefits mistake will be given to my reservation (otherwise it would likely say the suite specialty dining room name i think). I'm only corallo level so no real benefits for me. but I know what you mean about difficulty of cruising when you are nobody. i'm diamond on cunard and elite on princess and they are definitely my first preferences but no options with them in europe this time of year. oh well.

If you are in a suite you get preference for the club dinning room, but due to the vast numbers of guests now being up-graded they have allocated a space for Perla Diamante and overfill up-graded suite guests in the MDR's, you will get the same food as the club restaurant.

Your cruise ticket will show your table size dining room as normal but you may be given a table in best available restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

Alicat

How are u enjoying your upgrade Alicat? Get any benefits besides suite cabin and from elite status??

Back at home in a freezing UK. Venice was not better. Mountains around covered with snow.

We enjoyed the cabin a lot. I'll post some photos during the week. Alas too cold to enjoy that amazing balcony though we braved it a few times. Very ,very rough seas and skipped Split due to expected high winds. We had an overnight in Venice but stayed cocooned on the ship.

Hope you have an amazing time. Say Hi to Levi from Jamaica in the grandbar. Hubby says he makes a mean Martini cocktail.

Alicat

Will be brief this time. Lots of stuff to do as Christmas is coming and I have hardly done any shopping and work is crazy busy.

Alicat

Just off ship. We had calm waters except in and out of Venice. Ship was held outside Venice port this morning for 90 minutes as waters too rough to enter. Split was nice. A real living town. Kotor on the other hand I felt was geared only to tourists. 1,000 souvenir shops and not much else. Lovely but no reason to return. Entry to the bay however was magnificent and the weather cooperated so I was able to spend time on the panoramic balcony.

Suite was nice but not special enough that I would every pay for it—even in summer when I could really enjoy the balcony. I was also given Club Luminosa dining which turned out to be very disappointing. Food awful—They try to be too fancy. I don’t need 3 choices of rabbit in one meal. Food usually cold, pasta severely overcooked, no salad choice for dinner, only one night was I offered a vegetable and that was for anti paste course. Cheese ordinary supermarket quality and no variety in choice. Nice quiet setting with pretty good service. . Food in the buffet on the other hand was very good but atmosphere horrendous. Pick your poison I guess.

Received a bottle of Prosecca for being in a suite plus a bottle for Corallo.

Not given any other suite benefits with upgrade but pleased with what I received. There was an illy coffee maker in the room for 1.55 euro per cup. Charge Probably because I was upgraded but not sure. I don’t drink coffee so that was fine and I travel with a tea kettle (shhhh).

What a different experience we had and only a week apart.

I thought the meals we had in the club restaurant was pretty good in comparison to some previous experiences. I suppose it depends what you order. I rarely eat the pasta but the few I had I thought was pretty good. I love the Trofi with pesto green beans and potato. I also had a tomato based one once at lunch which I thought was pretty good. I have just about all the menus and will try and scan them to CC size this time. I thought the puddings were pathetic this time. I don't like creamy desserts and certainly cannot eat them in the evenings and that was just about all you can get. Agree with you about the cheese though on the first few days they can a very runny divine blue cheese. The rest of the time it was edam like stuff. I do like eating in the club restaurant because it is just so much more relaxed and the service is just better.

I hope I'll get round to posting the menu's before Xmas. I have not done all my shopping, tree is not up, one project way off completed and then there is work. Have to pay for the cruises I suppose.

Alicat