New Costa Club Priviledges from 1st. December

G.M.T.

Got an email from Costa today, saying new priviledges for the Costa Club to be intoduced as from 1st. Dedcember 2017.

Haven't checked the before and after lists, probably more taken away than something new.

If the new perks were really something then Costa would have pasted them all over the email and web site.

I'm only Coral right now but the additions at this level are a "Cioccolatino" in the room on gala night, A free bottle of spumante in the room (instead of a free bottle of water), and a coffee and dessert? (Dolci momenti: caffè speciale e fetta di torta). So a little better for me compared to previously. Although I have a cruise at the end of November so won't get to see any of this :rolleyes:

Question is how new privilleges will work in real life.

Unfortunately (as Perla Diamond) must say that have very bad experience with one of privileges which is existing for some time called "superupgrade".

I requested about it more than 2 months before cruise after checking that suites are available.

I had no answer for approx. next 2 weeks and finally asked my TA do contact Costa to receive any answer. Only then they answered that cannot upgrade me althought hey have free suites because...I am travelling solo and suites are dedicated for 2 persons.

They proposed upgrade to balcony cabin - of course without any suite perks.

In my opinion it is very unfair to the most loyal guests they have.

CostaClub rules does not say anything that this "privilege" is dedicated only for 2 persons in one cabin. I reminded them about it in e-mail message and added that in my opinion their proposal is not superupgrade described in CostaClub rules but have no answer so far (it was one week ago). I should also say that quality of answer received by e-mail is very bad and rude. On the other hand I also saw answers written by Costa to my TA - they are much worse: typical answer has one or two words only ("no", "not possible"etc). I was open for other proposals instead of typical "superupgrade" (f.e. they could give some suite perks, OBC etc.) but received only answer "no"...

I could understand it if they have no cabins available but during my request they had them...

So resuming I lost a lot of trust for Costa. In my opinion Costa play not fair and this "privilege" is the "fake-privilege".

Maybe Costa do not know that sometimes it is better to declare/promise less and keep the word instead of promising a lot and later answering "no" only.

Edited by greg2014

In all fairness to Costa, all rules needs constant monitoring to cover such things as simple single passengers, once raise it should be fairly easy to correct but not before.

When the all inclusive drinks packages came out you could just buy one (not the whole booking) yet they soon realised people are not honest and were buying drinks for other not on packages.

Now your photo comes up on the till as people were passing their cards on to others for drinks.

Same with upgrades, take one 7 day cruise this year in inside cabin, next year take one short cruise and two long ones most time you get the up-grade to Suite for the last two.

TOTTALLY WRONG bring back the old rules & treat your most loyal and regular cruisers better.

We cruise with Costa 3/4 times a year but get no up-grades. and only keep our Perla Diamante rank by the number of cruises we complete.

Question is how new privilleges will work in real life.

Unfortunately (as Perla Diamond) must say that have very bad experience with one of privileges which is existing for some time called "superupgrade".

I requested about it more than 2 months before cruise after checking that suites are available.

I had no answer for approx. next 2 weeks and finally asked my TA do contact Costa to receive any answer. Only then they answered that cannot upgrade me althought hey have free suites because...I am travelling solo and suites are dedicated for 2 persons.

They proposed upgrade to balcony cabin - of course without any suite perks.

Important information, thanks for that. As I am cruising solo all the time I would be extremely pissed if they did that to me.

Important information, thanks for that. As I am cruising solo all the time I would be extremely pissed if they did that to me.

You do need to speak to someone in Costa about up-grades for singles, as there is only one income from any booking you make, some of the assumed perks will not apply.

However if you take someone with you, it looks like you would get any up-grade due to your rank in the club.

Had a look at 'NEW' rules not much change, but preferential boarding (instant boarding) for Perla Diamante is now priority while Pearl & Gold Pearl are preferential.

When available also seems to be the in-word.