No daily water for aq class on infinity

hcat

Just back from 10/1 Infinity cruise...no daily water deliv in cabin..They never heard of any change back,. We had the drink package so we could get water around the ship but it was a hassle standing on lines for it...and keeping it cold was a challenge..refrig not very good!

Hope daily AQ water is back on Silhouette....next up for us.

AQ guest still getting scratchy white towels...nothing plush or spa like!

Just back from 10/1 Infinity cruise...no daily water deliv in cabin..They never heard of any change back,. We had the drink package so we could get water around the ship but it was a hassle standing on lines for it...and keeping it cold was a challenge..refrig not very good!

We got water the first day it was never replenished, of course that was never a problem as we usually had a big bottle or two with our drinks in the evenings and took those back to the cabin. I found our towels to be just fine, not scratchy. I never did run into Sal when having a cigar, at least I don't think I did. I did meet a couple of the other cigar aficionados though a couple of times.

I would love to hear more about your trip. We were on the Infinity in May for the Pacific Coastal cruise. We board the Infinity on the 24th for the Panama Canal. How was the live music? Anything you can share, I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Even though we live in SoCal I really enjoyed the Cal Coastal cruise. It's actually really nice when you know the ports well as it makes planning the stop a breeze. I would rather have done San Diego instead of Catalina though. I liked the live music on our cruise. Our last couple of cruises had some pretty poor live bands but this one I thought was decent. It will depend on what you like though. There were two live bands playing the lounges and pool deck plus a duo that played at the Oceanview bar every evening, they were pretty good. There was also a piano player (never saw him). The theater shows were same old stuff, a couple were decent and a few were not so great.

Edited by TFLG

The free daily water (in Aqua) was eliminated last November. According to a crew member the word among the Aqua Stewards (who had to deal with the complaints) is that the policy change came from the very top (LLP). Was not a problem for us since we had the Premium Drink Package...as we simply replaced our daily free water ration with Pelligrino...which we picked up whenever we walked by a bar on the way back to our cabin. Seems to me that the cruise line lost some money with us replacing their 10 cent Celebrity water with the much more pricey Pelligrino. And if you have never brushed your teeth with Pelligrino....it is very nice.

Hank

The free daily water (in Aqua) was eliminated last November. According to a crew member the word among the Aqua Stewards (who had to deal with the complaints) is that the policy change came from the very top (LLP). Was not a problem for us since we had the Premium Drink Package...as we simply replaced our daily free water ration with Pelligrino...which we picked up whenever we walked by a bar on the way back to our cabin. Seems to me that the cruise line lost some money with us replacing their 10 cent Celebrity water with the much more pricey Pelligrino. And if you have never brushed your teeth with Pelligrino....it is very nice.

Hank

Good one!

I would love to hear more about your trip. We were on the Infinity in May for the Pacific Coastal cruise. We board the Infinity on the 24th for the Panama Canal. How was the live music? Anything you can share, I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

One of our roll call members is posting a photo review.,I will probably post a shorter one in a few days. Here are some random thoughts.

We really enjoyed our cruise, At present Infinity is very well managed from Master on down. Last yr, same ship for ABC Islands nothing functioned on time, and BLU had poor service, meh food.,

,But now all new crew Master, staff etc. Had a nice CD..colorful dresser but a very energetic friendly guy, BLU...amazing service,,a few new menu items,,,needs more! Nice Sr officers Party. Helpful folks at guest services,

Ship is aging...needs updates and better functioning AC in some cabins, etc..

Music was mixed bag ,,,,,great house band, excellent piano player, 1 very talented guitar player..just finished his contract, another very good singer/ guitarist and one not good at all band/ singer,,,no loud obnixious music..yay! Did not go to any shows.,they had the Billy Joel trubute show.,saw and enjoyed that last yr,,,But music and shows will be diff when you go, Enjoy!

Hank

Another thread said water in AQ was returning after Pres cruise.. we were glad to hear that but as I posted,,not on Infinity. On the Classic..no Pelligrino....

One of our roll call members is posting a photo review.,I will probably post a shorter one in a few days. Here are some random thoughts.

We really enjoyed our cruise, At present Infinity is very well managed from Master on down. Last yr, same ship for ABC Islands nothing functioned on time, and BLU had poor service, meh food.,

,But now all new crew Master, staff etc. Had a nice CD..colorful dresser but a very energetic friendly guy, BLU...amazing service,,a few new menu items,,,needs more! Nice Sr officers Party. Helpful folks at guest services,

Ship is aging...needs updates and better functioning AC in some cabins, etc..

Music was mixed bag ,,,,,great house band, excellent piano player, 1 very talented guitar player..just finished his contract, another very good singer/ guitarist and one not good at all band/ singer,,,no loud obnixious music..yay! Did not go to any shows.,they had the Billy Joel trubute show.,saw and enjoyed that last yr,,,But music and shows will be diff when you go, Enjoy!

We are leaving November 8 for Panama Canal cruise. Thanks for the report. Looking forward to your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another thread said water in AQ was returning after Pres cruise.. we were glad to hear that but as I posted,,not on Infinity. On the Classic..no Pelligrino....

True about the classic...although you could certainly get all the plain bottled water you pleased...by simply stopping by a bar. When I used Pellegrino to brush my teeth it was my little personal slap at LLP....for some of her silly cut-backs. As Celebrity has cut-back...so we have cut-back on our cruises on Celebrity (in favor of a few other lines). But for many years we have always taken a 2 week Celebrity Caribbean cruise just after the US Thanksgiving. This year we decided to do 21 days on the Reflection. But for the first time in memory, we have no future Celebrity cruises booked or even contemplated. Our annual Caribbean cruise will now be replaced with MSC (Yacht Club cabins) which think is a much better value for what is delivered. Other mass market booked cruises (in Europe and Asia) are already booked with HAL and Princess and we are now contemplating some additional cruises on some ultra-luxury lines. We can easily keep to our approximately 100 days of cruising a year....without Celebrity. A few years ago we stopped cruising on RCI (where LLP was an executive before coming to Celebrity) due to some cut-backs and a change in RCI philosophy. It now appears that LLP is changing Celebrity's philosophy to make it just another mass market line where quality takes a back seat to the bottom line.

The more we look at MSC...the more we think they are going to soon cause a big shake-up in the industry. Unlike nearly all the other cruise lines (generally owned by CCL and RCI)...MSC is a privately held Italian company (no stockholders to please) who seems determined to beat the competition. They seem to be using more of a long term planning model with less attention paid to the immediate bottom line. Consider that this old company (mostly in the commercial freight business) has been adding cruise ships at a record pace (they have 10 more on order or optioned). They had previously not targeted the US market...but that is now changing (very fast). Another terrific new player is Viking...which will soon have many more ships. It seems that many of their cruisers are coming from Celebrity and HAL...as they seek higher quality and more bang for their buck.

The cruise industry seems to be going through another of their major philosophy changes (this has happened a few times in the past) and it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out and who rises and falls. We have been cruising for exactly forty years...and seen lines come and go....and also make major changes. To us, its an exciting time (we love change) and we intend to roll with the waves. I do hope that Celebrity will be a big part of our cruising future....but this is not going to happen until the line again stresses quality...rather then immediate bottom line returns.

Hank

You should ask your cabin dude to set up delivery for you.

We were aboard her on this California coastal as well in aqua class. The best band we thought was the Brian James band.....great music and great guys too. We thought our cabin steward was run ragged every time we saw her she looked tired, she had many cabins to serve, we felt badly for her. Overall loved the cruise, our first Celebrity.

This really upsets me about the rescinded water in AQ. We do NOT get a beverage package since we have the Elite cocktail hour, and mimosas in the morning, and that's plenty of alcohol for us.

Maybe there were so many people with beverage packages that they felt the water was not appreciated?

How about this, LLP...

Why not have the water in AQ be "on demand" - if you want 2 a day, ask your steward and ye shall receive. If you only need one, even better. If you want to skip a day, just don't drink what you last got. We see our steward all the time and it would not be a big deal to say "can we please have another bottle"...or, "we have plenty right now, thanks". If you have a beverage package and don't need any, let them know that, too.

And no, we don't drink soda or fancy coffees so a non-alcoholic package is a waste for us, too.

True about the classic...although you could certainly get all the plain bottled water you pleased...by simply stopping by a bar. When I used Pellegrino to brush my teeth it was my little personal slap at LLP....for some of her silly cut-backs. As Celebrity has cut-back...so we have cut-back on our cruises on Celebrity (in favor of a few other lines). But for many years we have always taken a 2 week Celebrity Caribbean cruise just after the US Thanksgiving. This year we decided to do 21 days on the Reflection. But for the first time in memory, we have no future Celebrity cruises booked or even contemplated. Our annual Caribbean cruise will now be replaced with MSC (Yacht Club cabins) which think is a much better value for what is delivered. Other mass market booked cruises (in Europe and Asia) are already booked with HAL and Princess and we are now contemplating some additional cruises on some ultra-luxury lines. We can easily keep to our approximately 100 days of cruising a year....without Celebrity. A few years ago we stopped cruising on RCI (where LLP was an executive before coming to Celebrity) due to some cut-backs and a change in RCI philosophy. It now appears that LLP is changing Celebrity's philosophy to make it just another mass market line where quality takes a back seat to the bottom line.

The more we look at MSC...the more we think they are going to soon cause a big shake-up in the industry. Unlike nearly all the other cruise lines (generally owned by CCL and RCI)...MSC is a privately held Italian company (no stockholders to please) who seems determined to beat the competition. They seem to be using more of a long term planning model with less attention paid to the immediate bottom line. Consider that this old company (mostly in the commercial freight business) has been adding cruise ships at a record pace (they have 10 more on order or optioned). They had previously not targeted the US market...but that is now changing (very fast). Another terrific new player is Viking...which will soon have many more ships. It seems that many of their cruisers are coming from Celebrity and HAL...as they seek higher quality and more bang for their buck.

The cruise industry seems to be going through another of their major philosophy changes (this has happened a few times in the past) and it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out and who rises and falls. We have been cruising for exactly forty years...and seen lines come and go....and also make major changes. To us, its an exciting time (we love change) and we intend to roll with the waves. I do hope that Celebrity will be a big part of our cruising future....but this is not going to happen until the line again stresses quality...rather then immediate bottom line returns.

Hank

Hank,

We felt our last X cruise on Reflection was more akin to a Royal sailing than any X cruise we have ever taken. This has actually pushed us to look elsewhere and we’ve booked Princess for next August. We’ve love to try Viking, but are unable to do so until our teens are a little older.

Our last X experience in the Med in August contained a multitude of cost cutting measures, from the awful in-house theatre shows to the removal of cans from the Classic package, it just wasn’t the X we are used to. So instead of just moaning about it, we also have looked at alternatives for next year. Newbies would have no idea what differences are occurring from one X cruise to the next, which is the way we’ll be feeling trying an alternative line ;). Recently, I’ve see many posters on here stating they are moving over to X from Royal, perhaps that’s what LLP’s new target market is and why the lines are now closer than ever?

We were on the Equinox President's cruise and we were told water would only be provided on the first day but on day three water was delivered and we were told the policy changed and water would be provided daily thereafter. At that point we were so used to getting water at the bar that it didn't matter. I think the Queen at the helm is only thinking in dollars and cents, which is being penny wise and pound foolish. Same problem with the website. They rushed to make it go live but it has so many problems that is taking them forever to fix. Common sense is definitely not in play here. My other pet peeve was the changes to the loyalty program made by another "genius".

Recently returned from Trans Pacific and Japan Explorer cruise on Millennium and pleased to say that bottled water was back. I always have a Premium package, so it really doesn't affect me, but glad to see it restored for others.

You should ask your cabin dude to set up delivery for you.

Stateroom Attendants are not authorized to distribute extra water. (Lucky we received fresh towels) Lining up at bars that are busy for water btls is the way of Modern Luxury!

Obviously not a deal breaker but I posted only to note thats recent posts about daily water returning to AQ class did not hold true for Infinity.

We may or may not go ahead with Silhouette in Jan...we have to decide soon. Great cabin, good price, nice itin but not sure we need another X cruise so soon...We have Edge for 2019....Not planning on X after that.

Edited by hcat

Hank

Will have to try Pellegrino tooth brushing.

On our recent Infinity cruise we also did not get any flowers in our cabin even though it was AQ and we are Elite+. Is that amenity also eliminated now?? Did not bother to ask our room steward as he was excellent in every way and did not want to make a big deal out of it. Just wondering if I missed something.

Regarding live entertainment - thought there was more than we have found on recent cruises as far as availability/hours playing. Quality IMHO was average - not great but enjoyable. Live performances in the theater were below par as far as we were concerned (did not go to Production shows as we are so tired of those so can't comment). Thought the Carole's Kings act was beyond annoying:(. All else on the cruise was very nice - had a great time.

There are items they no longer put in the room automatically, like the bottle of champagne. They figure if you don’t see it you won’t miss it and they will save money. It will be provided after you ask your cabin steward.

We were aboard her on this California coastal as well in aqua class. The best band we thought was the Brian James band.....great music and great guys too. We thought our cabin steward was run ragged every time we saw her she looked tired, she had many cabins to serve, we felt badly for her. Overall loved the cruise, our first Celebrity.

The cabin stewards do not have an assistant any more so they have to do everything themselves. Guess that’s another cut back. As they increased the number of cabins they have to clean and took away the help.

We're sailing on Eclipse in December after a few years away trying other cruise lines where bottled water is included. I assumed we'd have bottled water in Aqua class the way we used to.

We don't have a beverage package; the nightly cocktail party is more than enough alcohol for both of us.

After reading this thread, I can't figure out if we will have water in our cabin. Does someone know?

The cabin stewards do not have an assistant any more so they have to do everything themselves. Guess that’s another cut back. As they increased the number of cabins they have to clean and took away the help.

The cabin attendants I've talked to like the new system They have actually had the number of cabins reduced and they are no longer responsible for room service deliveries. They also like that they don't need to take the blame if an assistant makes a mistake. There is now a clear line of responsibility. I've been on at least 5 cruises since the new system has been in place and can't find a single attendant who doesn't prefer it to the old system.

The cabin attendants I've talked to like the new system They have actually had the number of cabins reduced and they are no longer responsible for room service deliveries. They also like that they don't need to take the blame if an assistant makes a mistake. There is now a clear line of responsibility. I've been on at least 5 cruises since the new system has been in place and can't find a single attendant who doesn't prefer it to the old system.

Guess you met the lucky ones