Arrival time at FLL for Costa Deliziosa

movingimages

I can't get a clear answer on this. :rolleyes: What time should we plan on arriving at the port for a departure on Costa Deliziosa on December 20? We don't have any special early boarding privileges. TIA for any thoughts / advice.

In the past we have boarded between 12:30 and 1:30

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like your sailing 23.00. Muster drill should be about 9 PM, make that latest boarding. Cabins are usually ready by 2 PM. 12.30 is a bit early unless you're coming straight from hotel check out, I think this is Deliziosa's first US stop, USCG inspection may be unusually slow. 3 PM should avoid the initial crowd.

Looks like your sailing 23.00. Muster drill should be about 9 PM, make that latest boarding. Cabins are usually ready by 2 PM. 12.30 is a bit early unless you're coming straight from hotel check out, I think this is Deliziosa's first US stop, USCG inspection may be unusually slow. 3 PM should avoid the initial crowd.

Very usefull advice!

Last year we debarked in FLL as it was the end of our Transatlantic cruise. It was an unorganized mess in the arrivals hall and I suspect that the embarkation will be slow on that day too.

When you're in the terminal, it's US CBP and Port Authority jurisdiction (for US citizens: your tax dollars at work). The stewards can start work as soon as the cabins are empty, I'm not sure if the entire crew has to clear on the initial entry but it wouldn't create a major delay. It's a combination of the ship zeroing out for CBP and USCG releasing the ship for boarding that can be really slow.