Music for videos

jsmith2531

I love all of these memorable videos/picture slideshows people create. Hopefully this is an ok question to ask on the boards.

Where do you guys find this music. Some of it is obvious who the artist is. Like for instance Carribean music for a Carribean cruise, etc. Where do you begin your seach. Help would be great. I would love to put music to my picture slideshows, but do not know where to start.

Do a Google search for “purchase music online” and you will find numerous websites selling music that can be downloaded to your computer. You can purchase individual songs or the entire album.

You can use any number of programs to add music to you digital slideshow presentations. Click on http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=926243 for information on viewing some of the travel videos that I have created and uploaded to Youtube.

Music on most of my videos was downloaded from http://mp3.walmart.com/store/home and the videos were created with a program by Coral called Video Studio 11. The latest version of this video program is called Video Studio ProX. Click on the link below for additional information on this product. There are several other good programs on the market for creating music videos from digital pictures. http://store.corel.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=OL_VS12P&srcid=&pculicenseid=&promocode=0&itrkid=USCANov9CorelcomquadvsXBU&countryCode=US&storeId=10302&catalogId=10103&langId=-1

Music selection is one of the most creative parts of producing great music videos. The right music keeps the viewers attention and sets the mood for the pictures being viewed.

I hope this helps.

Ron aka CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

I use IMovie to make my videos and it can access all the music I have stored on ITunes. As for where I get the music, some comes from CD I already have and have imported to ITunes, other music comes from the ITunes store. If I find a song that I like and want to use, I buy it from ITunes. Pretty cheap for one song. To get an idea about what music might work, you can always watch various folks videos on youtube. Have gotten some good ideas from there.

Tim

• 1 month later...

I search the usual search engines but then I start looking at a minimum of 200 matches to find the right music.

The audio usually takes as long as the video, especially if I have to sync the music to specific events in the video. This is the hard part as are the transitions.

I like to use unknown artists and simple themes since the easily recognizable musicians take the focus away from the video which is the main story in the movie.

Where do you guys find this music. Some of it is obvious who the artist is. Like for instance Carribean music for a Carribean cruise, etc. Where do you begin your seach. Help would be great. I would love to put music to my picture slideshows, but do not know where to start.

Nobody has mentioned this, so I will. Just picking music off a CD or MP3 file and adding it to your video is not a legal use of music. Just because you bought and paid for a CD does not give you sync rights to use it in a public performance on a video website. yes, I know, everybody does it, but it could get you in legal trouble.

When I first broadcast my cruise movie, "

" I used music tracks from two CDs I bought in Greece. I wrote to the company that made the CDs asking for permission to use the tracks, but got no response. A couple of weeks later Sony Music filed a complaint with YouTube, claiming ownership of the music. Needless to say, I had to remove the video, and make a whole new music score with LEGAL royalty free music.

I bought the music currently used on "My Big Fat Greek Cruise" from Smartsound.com using the SonicFire system. They have an extensive library of Royalty Free music that you can sample on-line, then purchase and download only the specific cuts you need. This is one of the best music sources (and bargains) for video production.

I hope this information is helpful.

• 1 month later...
I get most of my music from freeplaymusic.com

They have royalty free music for all to use there. You can search by feel,style, or name.

Thanks. Youtube gets on my case about using music I have bought. They don't make me delete the video but put an advertisement on the screen about where you can purchase the music. But it makes me nervous.

I use music from my cd collection that is downloaded on my computer. I don't use all the typical stuff like: kokamo, jimmy buffet, bob marley, or caribbean music, ect. I use a wide variety of music from the scorpions, stones, buble, sinatra, duran duran, journey, 60's & 70's music. It seems to work out great except Youtube has taken off the soundtrack a couple of times..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a composer, and am just starting to put up tunes on my web site, it is illegal and a copyright infringment to use any recorded music with out the owners permission, even if you have bought someones CD or DVD, they are for your personal use only and not to broadcast to the world, unless you get permission from them or their publisher.

I know people are doing it anyway, but eventually web sites like You Tube will have to restrict access and therefore ruin the whole concept of free expression.

There are lots of sites out there that do free stuff and those that don't generally charge very little for background music.

Finally any works used should be copyright credited, how else does the small composer get recognised WaynePaulo.com

• 8 years later...
I love all of these memorable videos/picture slideshows people create. Hopefully this is an ok question to ask on the boards.

Simply by googling "royalty free music" or "copyright free music", depending on your video purpose (personal or commercial) you will need an appropriate license.

In Music Screen the use is free for personal use: https://www.musicscreen.org/royalty-free-music/Music-for-videos.php

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a videographer (when I get hired for a job). Simply using any music for any video you intend to share online is illegal, whether you are being a paid as a professional or if you are sharing a personal video. You must obtain the music license that gives you the sync rights. Yes, this costs money.

One of my favorite resources for music for any kind of video is musicbed.com. I use that website for just about any type of video I do. A typical license will run you $50. We just came back from a cruise and I have selected a song from that website to use in the video we made. I took way more video than pictures so to me, being able to find a high quality song and use it guilt free is well worth the $50. Musicbed,com has an awesome selection!

On another note, there have been wedding videographers that have been sued by record labels for not legally obtaining music licenses. I know for the average joe the chances of being sued are quite slim but you open yourself up to the possibility whether knowingly or ignorantly.

I know this is an old thread, but for YouTube, many use Epidemic Sound. $15 a month and you can use all their music in any video on your channel. One subscription is needed per channel, so if you have several channels it would be $15 each per month.

Simply by googling "royalty free music" or "copyright free music", depending on your video purpose (personal or commercial) you will need an appropriate license.

In Music Screen the use is free for personal use: https://www.musicscreen.org/royalty-free-music/Music-for-videos.php

(y)

The music I used in my last few videos was some guitar I played