Nautica/ Mumbai to Rome/ April 29-May 27, 2018 with Taj Mahal pre extension...Live

dkbustr

I was checking the news sites while on board and there was a special report on CNN about Salalah and the wadis flooding and much of the town was experiencing standing water.

Having just been there Dave and I were amazed at the pictures of the filled wadis--I mean we had just crossed them and intellectually knew that was where water flowed, but in looking around it just didn't look like much water had flowed in the past few years!!!

I told several of the ship's officers (happened to be on the same tender in Sorrento) and most were amazed at what i was telling them. I didn't know about the port closing though...that was news to me!

In the 'water theme' we returned to South Florida last night to discover that one tropical storm-Alberto - had pretty much erased our looming water drought problems.

got on the scales this morning and I'm sad-- despite watching calories and lots of walking I didn't lose weight; Dave excited because watching calories and lots of walking he didn't gain any!!!

thanks for the kind words. Thanks Mike for starting the thread and your great pictures and blogging

talk to all y'all again some time!!! Until then, travel safely where ever you are going.

I was checking the news sites while on board and there was a special report on CNN about Salalah and the wadis flooding and much of the town was experiencing standing water.

Having just been there Dave and I were amazed at the pictures of the filled wadis--I mean we had just crossed them and intellectually knew that was where water flowed, but in looking around it just didn't look like much water had flowed in the past few years!!!

I told several of the ship's officers (happened to be on the same tender in Sorrento) and most were amazed at what i was telling them. I didn't know about the port closing though...that was news to me!

In the 'water theme' we returned to South Florida last night to discover that one tropical storm-Alberto - had pretty much erased our looming water drought problems.

talk to all y'all again some time!!! Until then, travel safely where ever you are going.

Having been in both parts of the world when it rains -- mother nature at its worse. I have been on the road from Dubai to Fujairah when it rains and the water just pours down the motorway which looks like a river. There is no drainage plan so flooding is an issue whenever it rains.

We used to live in Ellicott City MD -- flash flood yesterday. Not the first time the Patapsco overflows it banks and won't be the last time either,

Now the Treasure coast in Florida -- our pond crested over the bridge across it last week. The same level and rain amount we got last year from Irma. This weekend almost the same. We have no drought anymore :)

Have a good trip home!!

PaulMCO-

we here on the Atlantic side of S Fla also got a good drenching.

Fortunately, Alberto's bands were away from Miami airport at our time of landing so we only had a bumpy approach, not a scary one.

Ok, in the interest of fair play and equal billing....

The first picture is of course of the biggest PSU supporter of them all, and the second is probably of the year just prior to the one you reference...the 2016 blocked field goal upset of then ranked number 2 OSU by the Nittany Lions

enhance

enhance

OK, now that we have that out of our system, back to our regularly scheduled blog....

Just got our schedule for the Taj Mahal extension...

6am wake up for trip to Agra

3am wake up the following day for the sunrise at the Taj

3am wake up for the trip to New Delhi, flight to Mumbai and embarking the ship.

I wonder why they didn't mention those times in the preliminary schedule for the pre extension!!!

Mike

Mike, loved this look of you and Janice with the Nittany Lion.

Bill, the guy with the Penn State cap.

Cbb...Great photos..as usual! Malta looks really cool. Got a B1 for sure Tokyo to SF leg on RTW 2020. Wait listed for A1 and A2. It seems a long way off, but really excited anyway. We have a few cruises between Feb 2019 and then.

palakika--

congrats on the B1--we heard on board Nautica that the segment Tokyo-SF is in very high demand and that some cabin categories are sold out.

Of course that might change when it comes time for full payment, but with all the new ports it is a very popular itinerary.

hope you get your A1!!!

Also on this wonderful cruise, and must say, in hindsight, Dubai was a disappointment. I refer to it as 'Vegas on steroids'. Also on the 'hop on - hop off' bus tour, where we didn't get off at any of the 'sights'. Quite frankly, there were no 'sights'. Just one new high rise after another. Learned that 80% of the population were 'transient' workers, from all over the world. Which means, the cheap labor to cater to the 20% elite native population. Every other country had so much history, class, joyful people, but in Dubai, as a female, I was ignored, and as 'invisible' as the worker bees. For future cruisers, save your energy for more fascinating ports of call in the area. Especially this cruise, which, upon return home, i am planning a 'vacation from my vacation'. This cruise is very active, on the go, and the most fascinating cruise destinations on one trip I have ever taken. I highly recommend it. And I've sailed all the continents.

startrekercruiser;

I agree ...I'm glad i saw Dubai but I don't need to go back.

the final installment of pictures are on our blog....http://drdavebradley.blogspot.com/

we both agree that it is a wonderful itinerary and rec'd it highly. I don't think I'd like to do some of it as a solo female but then shorex would be perfect for that situation. Travel with the group and stay close to a couple of the guys...you'd be fine.

Whew....3 cruises in 5 months....nothing cruise-based planned until summer of 2019 but a land trip out west with dave, the minivan, and the cooler for some national parks and ending in Albuquerque Balloon Festival this Aug-Sept.

safe travels where ever y'all are going.

Cbb..sounds like a great summer. The Balloon Festival is very awesome. Hope Dave keeps posting photos!

We aren't cruising again until Feb 2019 for b2b in Caribbean on Riviera. Haven't cruised in the Caribbean before. When you live in the mountain West, looks like a great winter trip...

Happy Trails!!

Francie

palakika--

the way the winter weather is these days, you may decide just to stay on board and sail around the Carib until spring comes!!!

I haven't looked at the Carib itineraries for '18-'19 so I don't know if they are offering their snowbird cruises....just keep adding segments until it is warm enough to return home.

Our cruises are two grand voyages back to back. Basically we"ll be cruising around Carb for 39 days!! We'll see how that goes. Any suggestions?

I hope you make comments about other land trips. How do we contact you?

palakika-

go to that site--you know my real name and send me a friend request....then i can give you my email by PM....does that work for you?

don't put your email here...

Hello again, All!

Cynthia, cbb, want to thank you for finishing the remainder of the cruise blog for me. I didn't tell anyone on the ship, but my mother passed away while we were in the Med. She was 95 and had a really good life until her final 3 months when dementia took over. We knew her passing was a possibility while we were on the cruise, and we had prepared ahead of time, but it still required a lot of time, emails, texts and calls to get things arranged for when we returned.

The cruise was a definite bucket list checkpoint.. The ports we visited were amazing, and our favorites were seeing the Taj Mahal, Petra, southern Egypt and Israel. It was the longest cruise we had done with the most consecutive sea days, but it was no issue enjoying the experience!

I would recommend this cruise to anyone with an interest in the areas visited.

Mike

Hello again, All!

Cynthia, cbb, want to thank you for finishing the remainder of the cruise blog for me. I didn't tell anyone on the ship, but my mother passed away while we were in the Med. She was 95 and had a really good life until her final 3 months when dementia took over. We knew her passing was a possibility while we were on the cruise, and we had prepared ahead of time, but it still required a lot of time, emails, texts and calls to get things arranged for when we returned.

The cruise was a definite bucket list checkpoint.. The ports we visited were amazing, and our favorites were seeing the Taj Mahal, Petra, southern Egypt and Israel. It was the longest cruise we had done with the most consecutive sea days, but it was no issue enjoying the experience!

Mike

My condolences on the death of your mother. It is always difficult to say goodbye to the person who has shared your entire life with you. I hope your memories make you smile and bring you comfort.

Dkbustr..so sorry to hear about your mother's passing away. Sounds like she led a long mostly healthy life until near the end. There is much to be thankful for.

Thanks to you for your good blog and photos. It was a wonderful itinerary and we appreciate you and cbb taking us along!!

Hello again, All!

Mike

Mike,

Very sorry for the loss of your Mom. Even though expected it is still a shock and heartbreaking. It was great sailing with you and hope we meet up again in the future.

Bill and Kathi

Mike,

So sorry to hear that news. Art and I enjoyed your company on the cruise as well. Accept our condolences, and we hope to meet again somewhere in the world!