Swimming Pool Accessibility on Nautica

MOTB

I have bad knees and much prefer swimming pools with steps you can walk down, with a handrail (as on Riviera) rather than pool ladders, which I can find very difficult, if not impossible. Photos of the pool on Nautica suggest that access to the pool is via a ladder. Can anyone confirm this and how easy it is for them please? I would be able to manage the jacuzzis, but would like to get in the pool for a swim if I can.

I have bad knees and much prefer swimming pools with steps you can walk down, with a handrail (as on Riviera) rather than pool ladders, which I can find very difficult, if not impossible. Photos of the pool on Nautica suggest that access to the pool is via a ladder. Can anyone confirm this and how easy it is for them please? I would be able to manage the jacuzzis, but would like to get in the pool for a swim if I can.

I am afraid that access is via a ladder and definitely not too easy, once in swimming is a challenge, seven strokes lengthwise and nine if you take the diagonal. I am a keen swimmer but sad to say this is one thing small ships don’t do too well.

Rosalyn

Maybe I'll just stick to the jacuzzi - the cruise is round Britain during the second half of September, so I can't be sure it will be open-air swimming weather anyway! Might be OK if they are nice solid wide steps.