Laundry questions

gwilli

Here's a question - if you have something that absolutely cannot be exposed to heat, but is awkward to handwash in the sink - do you suppose that they would follow instruction to return it spun-damp?

These are medical support leggings I speak of.

Since I've discovered and used the $20 all-you-can-stuff-in-the-bag laundry, it's become one of my favorite things on my HAL cruises. Everything has always come back beautiful. Better than me doing it myself at home. But I wouldn't stuff anything that required any really special care in that bag.

• 2 weeks later...

HAL does a good job with laundry and I think they try to accommodate best they can with thousands of pieces of garments each day. We have been told by 2 different employees that items are all labeled because they are washed with other peoples clothes in huge commercial appliances. We have never had any clothes damaged but then I would never send anything to be washed that would upset me if something happened. I would reserve better items for dry cleaning or not send them at all. We have used the “stuff in a bag” laundry offer several times and alway amused when we get our underway back neatly folded and wrapped in tissue OR even his undershirts on a hanger!! Shirts have been ironed.....I cant complain

What is the cost for the laundry service? We will be on the Noordam in September
Last time we had to pay on this side of the Atlantic it was $7/day for the unlimited or $20 by the bag. But that was a couple of years ago.

Having the laundry package is, hands down, one of the nicest things you can do for yourself on a cruise. If for no other reason, it allows you to pack so much lighter!

I have to admit, one of my favorite things are those colorful laundry tags--those things stick on for dear life, don't they!? I love it when I find one still clinging on a few months later--reminds me of fond memories from my cruise.

What is the cost for the laundry service? We will be on the Noordam in September

Where abouts are you sailing? Europe is usually $9 per day for the unlimited and $30 for the "all you can stuff" bag. it can vary but that's what we have seen.

Last time we had to pay on this side of the Atlantic it was $7/day for the unlimited or $20 by the bag. But that was a couple of years ago.

It's still the price as of May this year ;)

LOVED the unlimited laundry option and loved going home with a suitcase full of clean laundry. We had learned about it here and the first thing I did was send out all my husband's shirts for pressing. I would gladly pay $7/day for the rest of life if I could for HAL's laundry service.

Our only experience with ship doing our laundry on NA was---

1. They did a nice job, but . . .

2.) If you have detergent sensitivities, wash it yourself in the sink. I asked for "free&clear" detergent to be used and it all came back with the scent of a perfumed detergent. I did not wear anything of mine that they laundered; not worth the risk. Perfume in detergent is trouble for me. I'll know better and DIY in the room on our 13-day cruise next year. :halo: