Celebrating Halloween On Board!!

mrsmeganford

Hi Everyone,

It was suggested that we post here for more responses:

We have a 1 year old daughter and we'll be sailing on the Sea Princess from Sydney to New Zealand and back in October. The ship leaves on October 28th of this year so we'll actually spend Halloween (10/31) on a sea day. Has anyone been on a Princess ship during this holiday and know if they celebrate it or do anything fun for the kids? I wasn't sure since it's an Australian itinerary anyway if they'd celebrate since Halloween is an American "holiday". Thanks in advance!

May I make another suggestion...that you ask this on the forum here for Australia/NZ cruisers, since they are the ones that cruise Sea Princess the most. I have been on three different lines over Halloween, and they all had parties, parades, trick or treating for all,but it is not like the Christmas season, where decorations are up for weeks. They might go up the day before, and come down by Nov. 1. Here are some pics from one year on Caribbean Princess:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

• 2 weeks later...

I agree about asking on the Aus/NZ board. I have close family members in Sydney and we've been there in October. They do celebrate Halloween andnkods do dress up but it's not even close to the level it is on North America, it's definitely a newer phenomenon and celebrated by the "younger" generations more (40 and under) than the older currently. But it seems like every year it becomes more and more popular to celebrate it.

This has been my family and my own experience/observation over the last 5 years