snorkeling in Rangiroa

Don Viajero

DON, Been there twice.. last time April 2017. It's www.rangiroaplongee.pf His name is Rene'. Go to TripAdvisor, I think my review is still there.. Best to check ahead of time, as Rene' will tell you if the ingoing/outgoing tides and wind favor a Drift Snorkel or not from a Zodiak style boat that very day. We hit the jackpot; 6 of us actually went into the open ocean and snorkeled w/ Dolphins etc. That's NOT for non-swimmers. However, the island's little 'Aquarium' coral spot will be fine for a few hours if your swimming is poor. I paid with PayPal before sailing to nail down the Zodiak for us. Good Luck. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...
Hi, having trouble finding current web addresses for tours specializing in snorkeling on Rangiroa. We will be on Oceania's Marina on 3/21 and are looking for at least a half day trip. Any advice would be appreciated.

Leon or Natasha Revault revaultleon@mail.pf

They take some time to answer email but their trip is amazing! I took it just a few weeks ago while on Marina.

Here are details:

We are pleased to send you some informations regarding the full day tour we offer. Reef Islands 1 hour by boat You will go for a walk for around 2 hours on the reef where you will find natural jacuzzi, you can snorkeling. After, you will go back on the motu for the picnic (rice, chicken, fish, raw fish, coconut bread, cake, juice and water will be offer. After the lunch, there will be a shark feeding and you can enjoy the few last minutes before leaving the motu by snorkeling. On the return you will snorkel at the aquarium at the motu NUHI NUHI and to close the tour you will go at the Tiputa Pass to watch the dolphins.

Good luck!

• 6 months later...
Leon or Natasha Revault revaultleon@mail.pf

They take some time to answer email but their trip is amazing! I took it just a few weeks ago while on Marina.

Here are details:

We are pleased to send you some informations regarding the full day tour we offer. Reef Islands 1 hour by boat You will go for a walk for around 2 hours on the reef where you will find natural jacuzzi, you can snorkeling. After, you will go back on the motu for the picnic (rice, chicken, fish, raw fish, coconut bread, cake, juice and water will be offer. After the lunch, there will be a shark feeding and you can enjoy the few last minutes before leaving the motu by snorkeling. On the return you will snorkel at the aquarium at the motu NUHI NUHI and to close the tour you will go at the Tiputa Pass to watch the dolphins.

Good luck!

Hi,

We are interested in going on this tour but we are hesitant because of all the walking they talked about. My husband can walk but not for 2 hours to get to the island! Just wondering how accurate they are? Our cruise is coming up here pretty soon so I need to give them my decision.

If you can answer a few questions that would be great!

Thanks,

Laurie and Don

Hi,

We are interested in going on this tour but we are hesitant because of all the walking they talked about. My husband can walk but not for 2 hours to get to the island! Just wondering how accurate they are? Our cruise is coming up here pretty soon so I need to give them my decision.

If you can answer a few questions that would be great!

Thanks,

Laurie and Don

Hi Laurie and Don, the walking on this trip is by no means strenuous. Walking may occur over the course of 2 hours, but it was very leisurely and involved stops to weave hats out of palm fronds, snorkel for a fair amount of time and explore an area of black volcanic (?) rock formations. Incredibly picturesque! I will add that in order to visit the island where lunch is served, you must cross the beautiful aqua colored water (not far) holding your belongings over your head ;p The parade of cruisers holding their backpacks and tote bags up in the air and on their heads was quite a sight to see! I hope you take this trip and have as much fun as I did!

Patti

We're having trouble finding the six passengers required for Leon and Natasha's tour. Have four but six are required for a firm booking. I've put an SOS on our Wind Spirit roll call but few are on it and no one has responded. Out trip isn't till the end of Nov and hoping we get some takers by then.

As a backup we'll do a snorkeling tour with Y Aka Plongee or 6 Passengers. Both have 2 hour tours to the Aquarium and Tiputa Pass. Did last year with Y Aka Plongee and it was fantastic. The water is so clear at the Aquarium and TONS of fish. It's short but wonderful.