Brilliance for young kids - info appreciated

A coworker, who has never been on a cruise, is doing the five night on the Brilliance out of Tampa Bay over this coming spring break. (That length over spring break wouldn’t have been my first choice, but she was gifted the cruise by her parents). She has twins, a boy and girl, eight years old, and will also be travelling with her DH and her parents.

Any and all tips, things not to be missed, activities, food venues, etc for the adults and kids would be appreciated. I can give her a ton of info on general cruising, but am looking for more Brilliance related tips as I have sailed mostly Princess. Thank you!

Highly suggest booking an evening with the kids in Adventure Ocean so the parents can have a dinner/show to themselves.

What is the itinerary? Given the ports, we might be able to recommend family friend activities.

Give her this website, and let her do her own research and discovery! It will mean MUCH more learning for herself! I've found that the more you "talk something up", the less the "talkee" enjoys themselves!

Highly suggest booking an evening with the kids in Adventure Ocean so the parents can have a dinner/show to themselves.

What is the itinerary? Given the ports, we might be able to recommend family friend activities.

They are in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Considering a dolphin swim in Cozumel and possibly snorkelling in GC. Thanks!

We just sailed on Radiance - sister ship to Brilliance - a few weeks ago with our 8 y/o son, and he loved it. The kids club is excellent - they combined the Explorers (6-8) and Voyagers (9-11) into one group on our sailing, so very big space for the kids. The ship had a small kids pool with water slide (Adventure Beach). This pool and the slide have limited hours, and due to colder weather in Alaska, it was not open much on our cruise, but our son would have used it! There is sports court, climbing wall, mini golf, and small theater. Radiance also had card room with games, self-leveling pool tables (my son loved these), and darts in the pub. Plenty to do on the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just sailed on Radiance - sister ship to Brilliance - a few weeks ago with our 8 y/o son, and he loved it. The kids club is excellent - they combined the Explorers (6-8) and Voyagers (9-11) into one group on our sailing, so very big space for the kids. The ship had a small kids pool with water slide (Adventure Beach). This pool and the slide have limited hours, and due to colder weather in Alaska, it was not open much on our cruise, but our son would have used it! There is sports court, climbing wall, mini golf, and small theater. Radiance also had card room with games, self-leveling pool tables (my son loved these), and darts in the pub. Plenty to do on the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great information! Thank you