Brilliance Baltic-cell question

I’ll probably be turning data off on my cell phone on Brilliance in the Baltic this summer and using WiFi hotspots, but how is the cell service, for texts or calls?

Cell service is available on the ship while at sea via satellite. AT&T charges $0.50 for each text sent and $2.49 for voice calls. Contact your carrier to confirm charges while at sea.

Thanks, I'll check with Verizon. I think it's 5 cents to receive a text and 50 cents to send. Photo texts use data.

Do you have to sign up for the ship's cell service or do anything in particular to get it?

My question was more about whether the service on the ship is good/reliable.

Thanks, I'll check with Verizon. I think it's 5 cents to receive a text and 50 cents to send. Photo texts use data.

Do you have to sign up for the ship's cell service or do anything in particular to get it?

My question was more about whether the service on the ship is good/reliable.

Nope, you don't have to sign up at all, just turn on your phone and it will connect automatically. Also, even though Verizon no longer offers data while at sea, I'd still turn off cellular data.

Thanks, I'll check with verizon. I think it's 5 cents to receive a text and 50Pcents to send. Photo texts use data.

Use the interactive trip planner on the Verizon website, it will detail out the specific cost options for your ports. You are correct on your text costs. Calls from the ship are $2.99 per minute. Verizon no longer supports cellular data on the ship, you would have to purchase Voom if you internet access. Depending on your ports, Verizon has travel pass which charges for a 24 hour period, typically either $5 or $10 per 24 hour period depending on the port. There is also an international package that might be worth it in the Baltics, it isn't worth it in the Caribbean.

The interactive cruise planner can detail it all out for you.