Brilliance of the Seas

No, she has had at least one Dry Dock since then... It's not typical they do top to bottom refurbishments, if ever. But they do maintenance, paint, stain, replace carpet, year round on these ship... Getting older but still beautiful ship...

We cruised on the 13 night British Isles itinerary in May and the ship is in wonderful condition. I thought they had done a great job in keeping her looking fresh and well maintained. The only place where I really noticed wear was in our cabin bathroom... just some chipping in the tile work around the vanity and nothing major. It was obvious in our cabin that the carpet had been replaced and was in good condition.

We really enjoyed the Brilliance although we did hear several people throughout the cruise comment that they thought it was small. My husband and I both thought it was just the right ship for the UK Isles/Baltic itineraries that it is alternating. I couldn't imagine cruising there and not seeing the gorgeous views afforded by the stunning atrium.

We loved Brilliance and the other Radiance-class ships we have sailed, but one thing for me (and yes, it may be a small nit-picky thing but it bothered me) is that on Brilliance the shower stalls have curtains instead of doors. I don't like the feeling of a shower curtain up against me so I solve that by taking along a new one from the dollar store and some clothes pegs and pin it inside the existing curtain. The cabin steward does not trouble it, and s/he can still clean inside the shower. When we leave, I throw it in the garbage (yeah, sorry.... but I'm not talking my used shower curtain back home ;p ).

Was on her Oct 2017 Med cruise and April 2018 Spring break cruise

Now headed back on her Baltic cruise next month Aug 2018.

Only complaint the assortment of entertainment is poor but the ship is fine!

Food, service and staff are great!

When you say poor assortment of entertainment, are you referring to shows at night?

Curious to hear an elaboration on the entertainment as well given that they have experienced it in the Med and Caribbean. Agree with poster above that it wasn't terribly varied. The offerings by the entertainment staff were expected but when we would pass by the atrium (where everything seemed to take place) most activities were well attended ('80s party, '70s party, quiet dancing, etc).

We found that the musical entertainment throughout the ship varied in terms of quality:

1. Show company in Pacifica Theatre: average. The singers/dancers were talented enough but the productions were disjointed with poorly conceived themes. Weakest part of onboard entertainment on our cruise.

2. Classical trio: pianist and two violinists. Played in the Schooner and the atrium. Quite good if you enjoy this style of music.

3. Classic guitarist: we saw him in the atrium but he may have played in Schooner as well. Quite good, but we didn't encounter him that often.

4. Latin vibe ensemble: played in atrium. Only saw them a few times when passing though. Seemed decent but never compelled us to stay.

5. Pianist in Schooner.... just ok. Sat there one the second night as she went through her repertoire. Heard same songs on other nights when we were walking through to get to the lounge. We had spent a portion of every evening on our Carnival Glory cruise in the piano bar. Loved the pianist and the vibe in there. Didn't get the same thing here. Did not return for rest of cruise.

6. Modern guitarist/singer in English pub: pretty decent. Had his own repertoire and took requests. Did a lot of rock songs which we didn't hear anywhere else on board (ie. Pearl Jam). Decent for later in the evening when you've had a drink or two.

7. Shows they brought onboard: Excellent. The acts they brought on board throughout the cruise were excellent. They seemed to be primarily British so they wouldn't turn up on other cruises I suppose, but they were our favourite part of the entertainment by far. Two singer/pianists, Abba tribute band, two magicians and a Motown group. Really good.

Not sure if any of these acts could possibly be on a Baltic cruise but it's possible you could have these type of acts versus what would be on offer on this ship in the Caribbean.

We must have been on different cruises!

Music in Atrium was horrible! Singers were mostly the same each night!! Off key and poor selection of music.

Entertainment in Europe was boring ....a BMX show one night...entertainers yes.... Geared to Europeans....

Since we had late dinner and a port intensive cruise it was no big deal to u

Sorry didn't finish iPad acting up!Best entertainment on ship in April was conducted by the cruise director.

He was hysterical and had everyone involved!

On pool deck you couldn't even get close except watch him on the large screen.

When he led an event it was jammed!