Lanyards

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Disney Cruise Line
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:52 PM.
Virginia
39 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by SAKay
Thank you jbirdie56 ! I got the $1 ones at Party City. They will love them - just for fun ! They will feel special and grown up !
I'm so glad! They will look so cute. Have a great time!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Jen

SoMD
476 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
I didn't bother with the lanyard and kept the KTTW card in my cargo pocket and the wife has a phone case with a credit card pocket. The new Navigator app has an onboard text messaging system so, we carried our phone around instead of the old Wave room phones.
I did carry the Wave phone around when we had the kids checked into the kids clubs.
940 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Lanyard does anyone know if you are concierge class and have never sailed Disney before will you get a lanyard .?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Infinity 2014 (Panama Canal)
Golden Princess 2013 (Coastal)
Sapphire Princess 2013 (Hawaii)
Amsterdam - 2012 (14day Alaska)
Royal Caribbean (Western & Eastern Caribbean 2011)
Celebrity Equinox (Eastern Caribbean 2010)
Celebrity Mercury (Alaska 2009)
Celebrity Summit (Hawaii 2006)
Celebrity Summit (Panama Canal 2005)
Celebrity Mercury (Alaska 2004)
SoCal
10,146 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by picture
Lanyard does anyone know if you are concierge class and have never sailed Disney before will you get a lanyard .?
I don't believe so. The lanyards are for returning DCL cruisers. If you're a first time DCL cruiser = no lanyard.

That said, Concierge guests can certainly request just about anything they want.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights

10,284 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by picture
No, you will not. You will get a gold colored KTTW card which signals anyone to whom you hand a card that you are concierge. Lanyards indicate to the crew that you are a repeat cruiser and how many times you have cruised.

There are Disney themed lanyards for sale in the gift shops.

I honestly can't say what the concierge might be able to do for you if you asked, but the silver, gold, and platinum lanyards are supposed to be for those who have "earned" them in the same way the gold KTTW cards are for those who have paid for them. Concierge guests who have cruised DCL before will get a lanyard based on their status.
BC Canada
6 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Hi,
Previously cruised on NCL, after first cruise bought a retractable key ring holder which clipped on to my belt, it had a little alligator clip on the end of it, once I boarded went to the service counter and had them punch an oval hole with which to
clip the card onto. Reason for using this, the card when retracted stayed in my pocket and could pull it out about 2 ft to open state room door, also with the clip could easily detach for drink orders etc. Worked good for me. Not sure if hole can be punched in the Disney cards. Looking forward to Disney Fantasy 4 Nov. All the Best
SoCal
10,146 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by big ol moose
Hi,
Previously cruised on NCL, after first cruise bought a retractable key ring holder which clipped on to my belt, it had a little alligator clip on the end of it, once I boarded went to the service counter and had them punch an oval hole with which to
clip the card onto. Reason for using this, the card when retracted stayed in my pocket and could pull it out about 2 ft to open state room door, also with the clip could easily detach for drink orders etc. Worked good for me. Not sure if hole can be punched in the Disney cards. Looking forward to Disney Fantasy 4 Nov. All the Best
It's not advisable to punch a hole in the KTTW card. There's a chip in it somewhere (can't tell where), and it could be damaged. But, then you could just get a new card if that happened.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights

10,284 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
The other problem with punching a hole in a KTTW card is that formerly that was the cue that the card had no charging. This was done on children's cards. Supposedly that was done away with some time ago, but you might still be questioned about a card with a hole in it. If you go to GS and ask about punching the hole and if it will cause any difficulty as well as what locations on the card are safe.