Ship after Horizon?

MaiTaiMary

Tried to post something but it wouldn't come out right.

It looks like there are 3 more. One to be a sister to the Vista coming out in 2019. Two more coming out in 2020 and 2022 being built in Finland and these are showing to be about 180,000 grt

I think this is correct but I could be wrong.

Yes, another Vista Class and two 180,000 ton ships. Interested to see what those ships are going to have. These are supposed to be 6,000 passenger ships so they will compete with Oasis class and Breakaway plus in the passenger counts. If I were to guess, I would say they would have the same venues only on a larger scale, and they would go more in the direction of very large waterworks (AIDA has a lazy river so that might be a feature) as opposed to "Central Park". I think they are happy with their layout template, and they aren't going to be looking to start from scratch as they did with Breeze and then Sunshine. I do hope they do add a little more fun theme designs. They don't need to go all out back to Farcus, but some fun here and there would be refreshing. The Havana Bar designs do give me some hope.

I don't know if anyone else remembers the Pinnacle Project, but it was a plan that predated the Oasis class.

It would have been nice, but I think it is better they invested in upgrading existing ships venues (Red Frog, Guys Burgers, Bonsai), and established more private ports (Amber Cove, Mahagony Bay). Having a super liner like that can also mean a much varied experience between ships - It is frequently stated the Oasis experience is very different than other ships. Carnivals latest changes have been able to give a better experience across the fleet.

I am also interested in Carnival's plans for a private Grand Bahama port.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Carnival-finalizes-Grand-Bahama-cruise-destination

They are saying it will be the most expensive private cruise port, so I think it might be like Amber Cove - only bigger and better.

Also it appears the Splendor will be going away. Which will be joy to people that hated the pink, but sadness for those of us that saw the cool things that ship had to offer (awesome spot, and some interesting 1930s inspired themes. Don't forget that awesome covered amidships pool area.)

More coming because they have to get rid of all those old clunkers.

That would be a shame, because there are a lot of us who enjoy the "old clunkers" and the price breaks they give us. I've been on the Paradise and the Ecstasy and LOVED our cruises on both. Never felt like was missing anything. Going on the Paradise again. And yes, we've been on some of the larger ships and Disney, so we know what else is out there.

That would be a shame, because there are a lot of us who enjoy the "old clunkers" and the price breaks they give us. I've been on the Paradise and the Ecstasy and LOVED our cruises on both. Never felt like was missing anything. Going on the Paradise again. And yes, we've been on some of the larger ships and Disney, so we know what else is out there.

I have to agree that I like the older ships. I sailed on the Fantasy a little more than a year ago and I thought she was in great condition. I know there are gripes about the decoration on the old ships, but it actually grew on me. It is cool to discover hidden artwork during the trip. Newer builds on all lines seem to be a little more conservative. The new builds are nice, but not as much fun design wise. I hope the newer builds find a middle ground between the old and new.

• 3 months later...
Is the next ship after Horizon supposed to be powered by Liquid Natural Gas (LNG)????

Yes from I recall the next two ships are supposed to be LNG. Those are two ships that I will not sail on. I do not care if they say they are safe, I really do not want to be sitting on tons of LNG.

I would not bet my money on the Splendor going away... perhaps operating outside of USA somewhere but despite all the announcements about being sold to P&O, I really don't see that ship fitting into the Princess lineup... plus the softening of the China market and major differences in the China market... I just don't see them getting rid of it IMO

Is the next ship after Horizon supposed to be powered by Liquid Natural Gas (LNG)????

The next ship after the Horizon is a sister ship which will come out in 2019. I don't think it will be LNG. The ones coming out in '20 and '22 are the 180,000 gt which I believe will be the first that are powered by LNG.

I would not bet my money on the Splendor going away... perhaps operating outside of USA somewhere but despite all the announcements about being sold to P&O, I really don't see that ship fitting into the Princess lineup... plus the softening of the China market and major differences in the China market... I just don't see them getting rid of it IMO

Saw something the other day that Splendor is staying with Carnival.

They shrunk the main lounge and comedy club venue on Vista and they seem to be filling it up so suspect it will stay shrunk.

Suspect the next class will look and feel very crowded.

Think the Dream class is the best they have done.