No Red Frog Pub on Horizon

LJN22

The current pig & anchor set up is only available on sea days. Not sure about embarkation day. The set-up on the Horizon will provide a sampling of the items buffet style, which should make the food a bit quicker to obtain versus the current set-up on those ships that have pig & anchor currently. I personally would not pay extra for something that I could get for limited hours for free. Dinner at some of the pay options are well worth it, but with so many great options at lunchtime available, there would be no reason to pay extra on port days for items at the new pig & anchor.

Of course, utilizing Cheers on some craft beers is a wise choice at any time.

This will be my first ever carnival ship and when I first looked at deck plans and didn't see pig & anchor I was a little bummed. I liked that carnival has a variety of options especially for sea day lunch. I'll try it during lunch for a sampling, but I very rarely pay for upcharge venues, however I can see why carnival would make a move like this considering how popular it seems the BBQ has been on other ships.

I've been primarily sailing NCL before this, funny that this year they are adding BBQ on their new ship and carnival is adding the ever popular teppanyaki that is featured on NCL's newest ships!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Brewmaster on Vista told us confidently last week that there WOULD be a brewery on the Horizon...but he didn't say how it would be branded. :)

The current pig & anchor set up is only available on sea days. Not sure about embarkation day.

It was open on embarkation day this past week on the Vista. Amazingly, there were no lines. (By the second sea-day, there were.)

I've been primarily sailing NCL before this, funny that this year they are adding BBQ on their new ship and carnival is adding the ever popular teppanyaki that is featured on NCL's newest ships!

And meanwhile Royal is suddenly "discovering" that hey presto, people really DO seem to like these things called "waterslides"...... :D

I knew a branding deal was in the works. I am happy that Fieri will sponsor a full BBQ rig on the ship. Much more important than a microbrewery. I am not sure how they will provision the eatery for the Barcelona sailings, but I will bring my bbq bib and a box of industrial wet-naps in anticipation.

Depends on who you ask :) I loved the microbrewery.

This will be my first ever carnival ship and when I first looked at deck plans and didn't see pig & anchor I was a little bummed. I liked that carnival has a variety of options especially for sea day lunch. I'll try it during lunch for a sampling, but I very rarely pay for upcharge venues, however I can see why carnival would make a move like this considering how popular it seems the BBQ has been on other ships.

One of the major pluses that Carnival has over NCL is the variety of really good lunchtime options. On embarkation day, go to the new BBQ joint. On another sea day go to the sea day brunch in the MDR, it's fantastic and depending on your itinerary, might only be available for two days. Of course the port day options include Guy's burgers, Blue Iguana, Cucina del Capitano for cooked to order pasta, and Ji Ji's for the Mongolian Wok. These are all available for free. Besides the a la carte BBQ, the Seafood Shack would be the only other pay option at lunchtime.

If you're going to splurge and get Cheers, the Alchemy Bar is the best place to indulge with the great concoctions that the mixologists concoct with fresh ingredients.

One of the major pluses that Carnival has over NCL is the variety of really good lunchtime options. On embarkation day, go to the new BBQ joint. On another sea day go to the sea day brunch in the MDR, it's fantastic and depending on your itinerary, might only be available for two days. Of course the port day options include Guy's burgers, Blue Iguana, Cucina del Capitano for cooked to order pasta, and Ji Ji's for the Mongolian Wok. These are all available for free. Besides the a la carte BBQ, the Seafood Shack would be the only other pay option at lunchtime.

If you're going to splurge and get Cheers, the Alchemy Bar is the best place to indulge with the great concoctions that the mixologists concoct with fresh ingredients.

Cheers is only in the budget for me if there are a few good bonus months at work. The perk about booking with ncl is the drink package is bundled right into the cruise fare. I'm a once a year cruiser this far - 2018 will be my first two in a year and the travel budget is dramatically thinned!!

Hoping for cheers though [emoji1374]

All the cheerleaders that say Carnival doesn't nickle and dime are awfully quiet. RF was a great place. Never tried the food in RF but can't say I saw many buying the food either. Maybe that's the reason they switched it up. P&A is not that great, just like the rest of GF restaurants. Didn't like the Vista overall so just another reason to stay away from the Horizon.

Did you like the funnel?

The cheerleader comment deserved the question.

Thinking more and more that this class is not for us.

Next one they will probably continue same path with small comedy club and main lounge for even more passengers

Shame since we thought they did an excellent job on Dream class.

Thinking more and more that this class is not for us.

Next one they will probably continue same path with small comedy club and main lounge for even more passengers

Shame since we thought they did an excellent job on Dream class.

Your mind seems to have been made up for a while.

Your mind seems to have been made up for a while.

Now more so.

We were on the Miracle in Sept to Alaska and had a great time. Will continue with Carnival from time to time but the direction of the company on new ships is not appealing to me.

I see even you are trying other cruise lines.:)

Now more so.

We were on the Miracle in Sept to Alaska and had a great time. Will continue with Carnival from time to time but the direction of the company on new ships is not appealing to me.

I see even you are trying other cruise lines.:)

I need to update my signature. We were supposed to try Azamara but it got delayed (long story).

You should experience another cruise line. Took us way to long to do so and it did open our eyes.

Retiring next year so it will we'll fed have the time. Going on the Bliss for a TA 3 day junket in May. This will be our first time sleeping on an NCL ship.

Enjoy. Interesting going from high up the food chain in loyalty to newby.

We will be cruising NCL in April doing a TA from Miami to Barcelona, then hopping on Horizon 3 days later and cruising back to New York. this will be our first venture away from Carnival after 28 cruisies and diamond status so will be quite a change for us. A big group of us doing what is being called the cruise from here and back.

Pat

Retiring next year so it will we'll fed have the time. Going on the Bliss for a TA 3 day junket in May. This will be our first time sleeping on an NCL ship.

Okay, gotta ask...were you on an NCL ship where you weren't sleeping? :)

(Not a silly question, since NCL rented out a ship to Budweiser during the Super Bowl one year, etc.)

On my Vista cruise I felt the RFP was a waste of such a large space. There was never more than 10 people in there at one time. I am sure that is the reason for the change.

Me, too. We noticed that despite his best efforts and his impressive talents, the guitar soloist in the RFP during our Vista cruise (Tom) just couldn't fill the place. The largest crowd we saw in there was probably 15-20 people...some of whom were Carnival employees enjoying the space. On a few nights it was just a few people, including us.

Tom told us ruefully that the Pub's out-of-the-way location makes it very hard to fill.

Sure, it has an entrance off the Promenade, but the actual bar counter and performance area are across the ship from the Promenade walkway, making it hard to attract casual passersby.

Okay, gotta ask...were you on an NCL ship where you weren't sleeping? :)

(Not a silly question, since NCL rented out a ship to Budweiser during the Super Bowl one year, etc.)

Me, too. We noticed that despite his best efforts and his impressive talents, the guitar soloist in the RFP during our Vista cruise (Tom) just couldn't fill the place. The largest crowd we saw in there was probably 15-20 people...some of whom were Carnival employees enjoying the space. On a few nights it was just a few people, including us.

Tom told us ruefully that the Pub's out-of-the-way location makes it very hard to fill.

Sure, it has an entrance off the Promenade, but the actual bar counter and performance area are across the ship from the Promenade walkway, making it hard to attract casual passersby.

Fair question, the answer is yes. I have been on 3 different NCL ships (4 times in total) as a TA doing a ship inspection. This typically is done when a ship is in home port (although it can be other ports). I can go in more detail if you would like.