8 days on Carnival Horizon or 7 on Symphony for Eastern Caribbean

NOSaints9

What exactly does space ratio mean?

Space ratio is the amount of enclosed cubic feet of space per passenger. The higher the number, the better.

The numbers I found are a little different than Cruisegirl6's. Hers might have been full capacity. At double capacity, Horizon is at 34 and Symphony is at 41.

Any way you measure it, Symphony is the less crowded ship. However, that does not account for the open deck spaces. Although with Central Park, the Boardwalk and that huge upper lido deck and sports deck, Symphony probay has significantly more deck space as well.

Edited by Aquahound

We don’t have any kids and do enjoy relaxing and my dw likes the cloud 9 spa area and any pics on the vista cloud 9 area

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going on the Vista on a couple of weeks and booked the couples spa package for the 8 days for $229. Alot of people say the spas smaller and has no thallaso pool ,I'm not sure if it does or not but I'll include a video from YouTube that says it does. It sure looks like a nice place to spend a couple hours a day relaxing

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Do you go for the ports or the ship.

Both, Oasis class for the ship. My wife and I have been to most islands in the Caribbean so the ship being the destination is a great experience. After a while many islands seem the same. Royal's shows are much better than Carnival (at least on an Oasis class). The Vista and probably Horizon's theater is terrible.

Royal has a dining package that is a great value. Carnival has great specialty restaurants but doesn't offer a discount. Unless you get free comps. :cool:

I do like that the horizon has more open area

Have you been on an Oasis class RCI ship......WAYYY more 'open area' on that ship than Horizon/Vista for sure....especially since CCL closed in the atrium and crammed more cabins on them, they are very claustrophobic and closed in feeling in comparison to RCI's Oasis class of ship. We did not like the Vista and have no intentions of sailing on Horizon, but LOVE Oasis class on RCI.....

To the OP, for us it would be Symphony OTS hands down without a thought for us over CCL Horizon....and the cost is better on RCI too (from what you have posted)....it's a no-brainer to us!

Air2sea program or Carnivals fly2fun have you used either and your thoughts on booking your airfare through the cruise line is it cheaper than booking directly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While there are exceptions, almost always cheaper to do yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums